Sign in to follow this  

Open apology letter to the CC dual sport riders

I came home chilled from that Clear creek dual sport ride and being silly I wrote some nasty stuff here. It was meant in jest, but I did say some personal attack stuff toward the event leader that did not sound in jest, it sounded angry.......and I hereby apologize.

The event was led by and attended by class act riders all of them.

but no apology to the state of nevada? hmmm. i guess we'll have to up the price currently on your head. :cry: :cry:

p.s. you should do the training wheels if you're interested in learning about timekeeping and enduros and stuff, but i think one of the cool things about enduros in general is the bitchin' trails, and you already know the foresthill trails. i would highly recommend the cowbell at middle creek. the trails there are pretty reasonable (i think a little easier than stonyford), and if you have't ridden there, you will like it a lot. go with a couple friends, sign up on the same minute, and treat it like a big trailride with extra support and stuff. don't worry about racing it.

I wouldn't recommend the Cowbell to Bob, for every year I've riden that event we were put through a twenty-mile long special test on a virgin black diamond trail. That special test alone is one of the toughest of all the D36 enduros. I'd recommend the Jackhammer to those of you with considerations of attempting an enduro for this first time this fall. The Jackhammer is always a good fun ride.

FYI, in my opinion, family enduros are usually half as demanding as a regular enduro.

really? there's hard stuff at middle creek? just goes to show what i know. i thought i knew all the trails there pretty well, but i've actually only raced the sawmill. i was basing my recommendation on word-of-mouth that suggested they were similar.

the jackhammer and wfo are reasonable and fun courses unless you get lots of moisture. at my last c raace, i was coming up on lots of b riders that were getting stuck 2 yrs ago at the wfo (i think that was the rainy one). wet weather and 300 riders make life pretty mucky for the guys near the end.

mw

I believe parts of the Cowbell are run on private land - maybe thats where the special test is heald?

I believe parts of the Cowbell are run on private land - maybe thats where the special test is heald?

DP- its my stony friends property. He allows them to use his land. Plus like most other clubs, they always cut or use other trails that are closed the rest of the year.

All I know, is the Jackhammer kicked my :cry: last year. 100 miles long !!!! I made it to about 85 before houring out. It was way too dry and dusty. One hill climb was soo bad you had to wait 4 minutes after each attempt for the dust to settle. Couldn't see crap. That and everyone falling kept us backed up for a while. Almost houring out. Then the rest of race was ridin at too fast a pace causing me some minor pain :cry:

I think the wet enduro you were referring to Velospian, was the Sawmill 2003. The rangers stopped the race a little over 1 hour into it.

Fryboy

the sawmill 03 was wet and cold (snowing). the wfo '02 was also very wet. it rained all night and stopped and got semi-sunny just before the race started. that and the 02 jackhammer were my first 2 races on my ktm300exc, and my last 2 races in c's. i won my class in both of them and was 3rd and 6th overall, and got the heck out of the c class. i remember at the top of each mucky goopy steep hill thinking that i was going to do really well cuz i never got stuck, but i was just barely getting up, and i was pretty sure the riders behind me were going to have trouble. the 02 jackhammer was very dry and dusty as well, so the wet conditions at the wfo were a welcome change. i skipped them all last year cuz the weather stayed dry if i recall correctly, and i just hung out in moab riding every day for a month.

mw

mw

I believe parts of the Cowbell are run on private land - maybe thats where the special test is heald? [/quote DP- its my stony friends property. He allows them to use his land.

Fryboy

No thats not the land use I'm refering to - besides I always get dizzzzzzy when riding past there - always seems to be some kind of fire/smoke coming from there?? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Scotty tells me they start heading down river - not cross the river and enter a farmer (?) land and go up from there.

i belong to HMC as do a lot of the guys who were on the CC benefit ride we are planning on going up in a few weeks to complete the course, as for the cowbell we call that one section pine mountain its only tough if your trying to go 24 MPH, its not private we used to use a lot of LP property but it sold and the new owners are hesitant on letting us use it thats where the BIG down hill was, ya Bob may want to work a check or something at the cowbell, depending one weather all the D36 enduros can be very tough.