Sign in to follow this  

whats the deal with novation anyway ?

I read about them in dirt bike a few months ago and checked out thier website after that. It sounds like the use some different kind of damping system :excuseme:does anybody know what the deal is, how it all works?

I am in the market for a revalve - their stuff looks intriguing - I second the question - anyone have any actual feedback or comparisons to talk about?

well the factory kyb stuff of old was like this and so was some eairly showa(thats were this came from, right off bowman and bradshaws yz of the eirly to mid 80s)----i liked working with this set up because it did give you alittle more external adjustement before you had to change valves( but then again how hard is it to change shims on a kyb 04 and down and or old showa-?----not very!)---the system still crossleaks adjustments from on to the other because the oil is not separated at all so it is limited on what you can do -----i liked it because you could get the valving correct for that track that day and as the day progressed and the junk from the wear on the kyb stuff fell into the valving you could have a slighty wider adjustment both directions----now this is old tech ---but non the less it does widen the adj some for the old dated kyb stuff-------i don think it would be worth 279.95 or what ever----i think you could go out and try different shims set ups on your valve and in a few days be where you wanted to be !! so for what ever its worth,... :cry:

Thanks for the info - sounds like you are describing their KYB bolt in SS (Selective style) valves - they also offer revalving service with "sliding plates...etc..." for the Showas - any thoughts on their approach to revalving?

now that i dont know. ,--- i heard a year or so ago that they were getting ready to release a new type valve and adjuster for the shocks that they were testing and i always like to ck out and feel different stuff, -----as i am talking to people i will ask if anybody has any of their stuff and will let me play with it to see what and how it does what it does,-------you never know untill you beat it up if it is going to delever or not !! ---i just assumed you were talking about the old kyb stuff :cry: