Sign in to follow this  

Is there a Bore Kit to go to a 70cc

My son is finishing the year Oct 3rd for dirt drags. He is the points leader and there has only been one bike out there this year to beat him and it was another xr50 and my son never shifted into 3rd other wise he would have whooped him. Ok back to what I need to know I wanted to go to a 70cc motor over the winter and keep it quiet so if so where?????

well, i have heard that the 70 has a better bottom end (better clutch, closer ratio gears, better oil pump....but i dont know these things for sure.) if you could find the complete 70 motor on ebay every now and then....Sano ( sanomx.com ) also has a 75cc kit, i do not know who it is made by.

Would you be legal if you had the 70cc kit? if you want to stay legal, a high compression stock bore piston might help some.

You don't want to go with a 70 engine. Get a Kitaco 75 kit. It looks stock to someone who doesn't know the differance and has a lot more compression than a 70 top end. I bought mine for $130 on ebay.

Powroll piston, and clutch weight kit. That will leave you with a 50cc motor that'll walk all over other 50s, especially at holeshot.