Sign in to follow this  

05 yz450F setup ?

Looking to change stock fork springs to .49 but want to wait on rear .I'm 250 lbs and ride novice mx.(no racing)

Will the stiffer front and stock rear present any problems at my weight?

Also- any suggestions that would help with low speed harshness or any other pointers that will allow me to stay as close to stock as possible and achieve a smoother ride would be appreciated.

This is a new production fork twin cartridge fork - It has been out awhile for Team Yamaha only - there is not enough data on the street to answer this yet - call Enzo Racing for the real answer - or Racetech for the possible answer. :cry:

well i have been working with the twin chamber kybs for awhile now and i realy like them, i think it is about time kyb got with the prograhm,---now they are harsh as delievered and i have been taking some highspeed compression away and changing springs as i had too for rider weight,----but they realy are no different than anything else, but if you want them plush you are going to have to take out some compression ,----stock---you will still have harshness whith spring changes.

Kelstr what is the correct set up for a 200lb rider? Will the stock springs be adequate? Is there IC springs options for these forks yet - Like for Showas - what valving choices are there? Just curious

thanks

well the fork is head and shoulders better than the old kyb-----and yes there is ic springs in it like the showa, but they dont vent the chamber above the spring like a showa ,----the fork is alittle harsh valved on the bass valve and alittle soft on the mid for most guys --------what your set up will be will depend on what you do and or dont like about the bike-----------most guys complain about the harshness ft and rear and the lack of rebound in the ft-----you guys are alittle heavy and will probabbly need springs ,---what class do you ride and have you put a tie strap on your rt fork leg and see if you are using all of the travel, and what is your main complant about the bike

Thanks Kelstr-

I hear ya about the harshness... I bent a spoke the first day out... I ASSUME this was because of the weight/spring problem (with me at 250)

I stiffened up the forks (two notches from stock... rebound and damping) with the stock springs and it is beating me to death at low speed.

When you refer to compression are you speaking about rebound/damping or is it something completely different?

Thanx in advance