Sign in to follow this  

best exhaust for 05 crf450 ?

please help, i bought a new 05 crf450 will be in mid oct her in san diego, which exhaust system is the best for these bikes, i am planning on only getting the tail pipe section

thanks

Derek

we dont know the bike not even out yet but the best for the eairler years in the slip on pipe is the CHM pr-4 or p-r4 somthing like that. but the best full system is the white brothers carbon pro. but its like 500 bones

If I were you I'd wait until you ride the bike. You might want to invest that money on the suspension or an over-sized front brake. I just rode my new 05 this afternoon and it is scary fast!!

i love how people automatically say the WB carbon pro is the best exhaust system. i guess b/c pros use it and it costs a lot. it may be the prettiest, but definitely not the best. there are several out there that are dyno proven to be better. for less than the price of the WB slip-on you can have a full jemco system with the zinc plating. jemco is coming out with the lowboy header soon too. also, the ST/Yosh system is dyno proven to be better than the Jemco, but not by much. these two are head and shoulders better than the canister type systems. WB included. however, both these systems are very loud. the Thunder Alley is a nice system for some very hard hitting low and mid. then there is the Dr D which i have heard it gives a nice low end punch. i think you will be happy with whatever you choose. good luck.

:cry:

I know some people are tired of hearing that the Jemco outperforms all these other high dollar pipes but it is simply a fact. If I was running a motocross bike that would be the first thing on it :cry:

The white brothers is a great exhuast systems and i think set the standard that everyone else is trying to meet. I have the aluminem one though not the carbon cause i couldnt afford it and crash often.

The white brothers is a great exhuast systems and i think set the standard that everyone else is trying to meet. I have the aluminem one though not the carbon cause i couldnt afford it and crash often.

No, they have good advertising. The pipe itself, performance wise, is just average. The Jemco will smoke it on track and on dyno. :cry: As will mine...but like Dave said, they are L-O-U-D.

...but of course you knew I'd say that guys :cry:

I am running the aluminum version of the Carbon Pro and it was a great improvement over stock on my 03 (great bottom to mid) which is where I spend most of my time at my experience level. I had an 04 Big Gun Race system for a while that was rated at about 105 db. and it was way too LOUD!

I'm very happy with my Akrapovic system, and it isn't that loud it should be approved for FIM 98 db. It is louder than stock but not that much, and it looks very nice to :cry:

right_side.jpg

yes I know the thread is about exhaust for 05 bikes, but I don't think they will change the exhaust systems that much.