Sign in to follow this  

2004 WR450F, my best add on accessory so far!

Oh Oh :cry: :cry: :cry:

RCW 46.16.240

Attachment of plates to vehicles -- Violations enumerated.

Each vehicle license number plate shall be placed or hung in a horizontal position at a distance of not less than one foot nor more than four feet from the ground and shall be kept clean so as to be plainly seen and read at all times:

Just another reason for an exuberant cop to hassle ya. It's alway sumthin huh? LOL.

WOW! What did it take? Sexual favors? Briefcase full of money? Congratulations! :cry:

RCW 46.16.240

Attachment of plates to vehicles -- Violations enumerated.

Each vehicle license number plate shall be placed or hung in a horizontal position at a distance of not less than one foot nor more than four feet from the ground and shall be kept clean so as to be plainly seen and read at all times:

Just another reason for an exuberant cop to hassle ya. It's alway sumthin huh?

Yup, my WR has the same set-up and I got hassled by the man the other day. No tix just a lot of verbal abuse and ass kissing. Serves me right, I was in downtown Seattle and other than the plate, my bike is not remotely street legal.

My solution involves "no tools required" fasteners and a screw in the middle of the plate that acts as a pivot. When I'm doing city duty the plate is horizontal but I rotate it 90 degrees for trail riding/racing.

-Tyler

My solution involves "no tools required" fasteners and a screw in the middle of the plate that acts as a pivot. When I'm doing city duty the plate is horizontal but I rotate it 90 degrees for trail riding/racing.

Hey, now there's a good idea! Just like turning the hubs in before going 4wheeling. :cry:

OK, plating a off road bike in Wa isnt illegal (well, my vertical plate is apparently :cry: ) one just need to know what to do ahead of time and where to buy. I did nothing illegal, didnt lie to the DOL. If you run to a dealer and buy a new bike here, your SOL. If you have a bike here in WA, you semi SOL, can be done, but its troublesome. Now I'm technically not road legal at all, not even close, I'd get a serious equipment violation. Cruising down the interstate (I have a 2002 KLR650 I use for that) is not why I plated it, it was just to zip down a forest service road, ride Naches (lots of roads with asphalt there) etc. I can assit anyone wanting to do this with a PM, but wont post my secrets here. I did buy this bike brand new in August, paperwork was slow, titled in September. I did have a WA plated WR426F prior to this one. Every WR I've owned has been WA plated! :cry: I've leaned the do's and don'ts along the way. If i had to buy new and plate it, it would go even smoother as i've got er down now!