Sign in to follow this  

Bent my fat bars

Is there some kind of trick to straighen em up ? or should I just trash them and get some new ?

(They did not yield to the standard on-site treatment, i.e. hitting them with a very big rock :cry:).

Dimitris

If your bars are bent, buy new. No way to straighten without weakening it further, and it's structural strength has already been compromised.

Are you sure it's your bars?

It could be that your forks are a bit tweaked in the lower triple clamp.

If thats the case just loosen your lower triple clamp bolts and pop a few wheelies. It will straighten your forks right out! :cry:

Are you sure it's your bars?

It could be that your forks are a bit tweaked in the lower triple clamp.

If thats the case just loosen your lower triple clamp bolts and pop a few wheelies. It will straighten your forks right out! :cry:

Nah it's the bars. I know what you say about the forks beeing tweaked in the trimple clamp. When that happens, I bash the front wheel on a tree and i am ready to go.

Alas this time my bike hit a car bars first :cry:. I mean they are visibly twisted. Good think I was not on the bike when it happened :cry:

jnk

What's a car bars? :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :cry:

Must have been pretty nasty to bend some aftermarket bars! :lol::cry: :cry:

See that's why your mom made ya drink all that milk for. No broken bones? Got to be a youngun. prairiedawg :cry: :cry: :cry: