Sign in to follow this  

stiffer suspension, jumps alot different. Me or the Bike?

I have a KLX125, and I just bought the BBR Fork and shock springs for it. They are advertised to be 30% stiffer than stock.

Anyway, before the upgrade, when I jumped, 90% of the time I would land both wheels at the same time( or pretty close to that)

Now, with the stiffer suspension, When I jump the front end goes skyward, and I am always landing rear tire first. I mean, my ront tire is way up higher than my back.

I do not think that I have changed my approach. I am usually centered on the bike, butt off the seat. I am not yanking the bars back. Is it me, or the bike?

BTW, there are no external adjustments that can be made to the suspension. I can change front fork oil levels, and rear spring height.

Basically, it sounds like you've upset the balance between springs and damping. The same thing will happen to me if I start with my suspension well-tuned for flat landings, and then reduce the fork rebound damping. That lets the fork springs force the front tire down faster. "Equal and opposite reaction" means the rest of the front of the bike is pushed up and goes high during a jump. Without external damping adjustments, you might have to revalve the fixed damping in the forks/shock to match the new springs. Or go back to the stock springs.... or get a KX125.... :cry: