Sign in to follow this  

DRZ 400 as a race bike

I am thinking about getting a DRZ for trail/hare scrambles. How well would it work. Michigan has a lot of tight trails with tree roots etc.

There are guys that do - but there are better choices out there for you to consider. Although, you could ride your machine to the race, run the race and then go home - all on the same machine.

You know what would kick butt for that kind of terrain? A KDX 200 with an FMF pipe and revalved suspension. They are dirt cheap too :cry:

I saw Gary Iovenilla beat Van Hice on a KTM 560 I think they were two strokes with a tiny KDX 200. It was out at PMI and was ran for approximatly 50 miles. Burned has raced Van he's a big guy like me but fast for his size. Gary beat him so bad Van wouldn't even talk. He just loaded his bike up and left throwing the money on the bet out of his window. I don't think it was just losing either but being humbled by such a lowly bike. Do not underestimate a KDX if you area light weight rider they can cheaply be turned into giant killers. I know I saw it with my own eyes. prairiedawg :cry: :cry: :cry: