Sign in to follow this  

Anyone read this? OT

Daaammm :cry: that is just a little too fast for my blood. Been to 160 (buddies 1000rr) and thought I was going to die so never again. :cry:

I've seen this discussed elsewhere and there's some debate as to whether that bike will even go that fast. Not to mention that they're using a stopwatch to time it. A little slip could change the speed a lot.

Still..... :cry: :cry:

I do understand the error factor in the calculation...but still..these young guys are flying around at speeds like that......I often wonder if they know what it feels like to crash...even with full leathers it hurts like hell.

I do understand the error factor in the calculation...but still..these young guys are flying around at speeds like that......I often wonder if they know what it feels like to crash...even with full leathers it hurts like hell.

im pretty sure that you dont feel crashes like that, its just over.

Never underestimate the stupidity that can arise when testosterone and horsepower intermingle.

The new literbikes are impressive and about as close to an AMA superbike (especially the ZX10) that can be sold to the public. The manufacturers pulled out all the stops this year.

Darwinism is gonna have a field day in the summer of '05.

Yeah..I have no idea of top speeds other than the claimed 170mph that honda states for the bike.

I would wonder how much that bike will put out with a good pipe and some jetting alterations.

My stock zx7r (1995) did about 151 mph on the dyno. After a muzzy and jetting/airbox removal...I had it dynoed at 167 mph. I have long since sold the bike to a kid who flipped it over backwards two weeks later.

So who knows...either way...that is fast. The most I did in my younger years was about 150 on state highway 8 here in NY...and I'll tell you that I was actually scared to death after I stopped. Your vision gets blurry and the bike no longer feels stable. Maybe the newer bikes are smoother.

Didn't those million dollar MotoGP bikes just start breaking 200mph only last year. Kind of hard to believe something off the dealer floor could get that kind of speed. :cry:

As the article states, "I'm not sure what happens when you crash at 200 MPH, but it wouldn't be pretty, that's for sure." :cry::cry:

That could be the understatement of the week!

Another thought:

A top-notch athlete has a hand-eye reaction time 0.2 seconds. Let's assume that the bike was going something more like 160mph, the bike could travel almost 50'-100' in 0.2-0.4 seconds. So, Officer Doughnut claims that he can nail the start and stop button as a bike going that fast crosses timing lines while he is way the hell up in some airplane and get an accurate reading? I say nay. :cry:

Why do I get the feeling that if this guy was riding a Suzuki, all you guys would be cheering him on? Instead all I hear is "No way it can go that fast................?

I haven't yet heard what model Honda it was, a RC51 or what, and I live close to he scene.

Incidently, my 100% stock '92 FZR-600 with 36,000 mile on it was clocked (with me on) at 146.5 MPH. I tend to believe that most 1000's can easily be modified to hit 200. The Busa's could do 190+ off the showroom floor first year production.

Give the guy his glory! If it were me, I'd gladly admit to 200 MPH, probably the same consequence as, say, 185MPH anyway! Imagine the bragging rights here!

Just my 2 cents

From what I have heard, the bikes were going along at 100mph and then the one bike shot away from the other. This makes me think that NOS is involved. The sad thing is that now other guys are going to try and unseat the current record holder.