Sign in to follow this  

Made a few parts, proud of myself

:cry: I got a hold of some scrap aluminum free and so far this is whats come of it. Here's my extended fuel screw for my quad made from alum, brass bolt, original fuel screw and solder. Super easy to adjust with on finger :cry:

Fuelscrew1.jpg

Another pic in carb. I'll make another for my CV when I do the 3x3 and jet.

Fuelscrewincarb2.jpg

Here's my primary drive cover fashioned to look like a sprocket.

PDcover3.jpg

Here's my muffer bracket,

Mufflerbracket.jpg

My stock footpeg extensions, obviously not alum, but I'm happy with them because all the width extension is behind the peg so the distance in front between the shifter did not decrease.

Footpeg2.jpg

Just thought I'd share, any other ideas? :cry:

Mike -

I like the pegs - I have E pegs on my S --- But I really like the muffler bracket. Want to make another one? I should really make one for myself.

Thanks guys, Its just aluminum, easy to cut, drill and files like butter. Making the teeth on the footpeg extensions in steel was a different story. :cry:

Mike -

Nice work. Don't park your bike in my garage or some of those new parts might go missing. :cry:

Nice work! :cry:

How much to build me a set of those pegs? :cry:

Thanks, unfortunitey, if you had to put a price on it, you would just buy the IMS pro pegs. I do everything by hand, no milling machine, sawzall, vice, dremel, files...etc. Takes way to long, but its therapy for me, and keeps me off the sofa. I've built other stuff, like guards, and racks, but they are for my quad. The extended fuel screw is easy, I could make a few more of those if anyone's interested?

Mike - :cry:

great work mike :cry:

Thanks, for giving me your old stock pegs and tail assembly coolrunning. I really appreciate it. Whens the next ride? Here's what became of your tail assembly.

Mike - :cry:

Tailback.jpg

Ya dude that fuel screw is the Sh*t! I would definitly buy one from you and I'm a fabricator! The foot pegs turned out nice as well! i just got the IMS pro's and thought of doing what you did. When I spend the whole day making skid plates, Stuff like yours is the last thing I want to tackle! You do nice work and could definitly start a side business. I got a set of footpegs and your welcome to them! Trade ya for the fuel screw? I'll even throw in a coin or two! :cry:

Thanks Fullbore, No thanks on the pegs, way too hard the way I did'em. I can make you the fuel screw, but you will have to send me yours. How's $5 and return shipping sound? :cry:

Mike -

Nice work! :cry:

How much to build me a set of those pegs? :cry:

I could make you a set like Kelsow's (pic above). I'm not willing to fab the add on pieces again from scratch. Fullbore has an extra set I could cut up, and add pieces to yours. Would be enough to make 2 sets. We could work something out so every one gets what they need.

Mike -

I like the pegs - I have E pegs on my S --- But I really like the muffler bracket. Want to make another one? I should really make one for myself.

Sure, I could make you a muffler bracket (for the S, with stock pipe). What do you think is a fair price :cry:? I'm not trying to start a business, but don't mind helping out. Just don't want to get in over my head....I already have a day job :cry:.

Mike -