Sign in to follow this  

Mini Handlebars on a DRZ

I am looking at getting the BigDR risers and some taller handlebars. I am 5'11", so I want to go with something a little shorter than the Jimmy Buttons and I ride tight woods, so I want something narrower than stock. After looking at Renthal's site, I am thinking that the RM80 bars would be perfect. Here's the numbers:

A=width

B=height

C=rise

D=clamp width

E=sweep

Handlebars.jpg

The only thing I am nervous about is fitting my S-controls and barkbusters on the narrower bar. Do you guys think there will be any problems with this bar? :cry:

Should not be a problem. You may have to reroute the throttle cables slightly - but not much since you are only looking to move them in 1.6" and the risers will take up some of that slack.

I'm running 909 mini-bike bars on my DRZ. Came with the bike. They are only about 29 inches wide. Don't know the application. They are marked 909-1757 0798. Controls and bark busters fit fine but no extra room. I did have to do some custom fitting at the brake master cylinder and hose fitting to get it to rotate around far enough. Too close to the bend and cross bar.

I'm 5'11 myself, and just installed the YZ85 bars last night. The bark-buster are a major problem if you are picky.

I wanted taller then the CR bars I had, and not as wide, and more KTM like sweep. I find out today if I like them.

I am 5.11 also and ride in the woods with a 2002 DRZ400e. I was wondering how did you make out with the new bars? Did you get them? I have the stock also and I want to buy higher bars because the stock are so uncomfortable!

please let me know.

thank you

I am 5.11 also and ride in the woods with a 2002 DRZ400e. I was wondering how did you make out with the new bars? Did you get them? I have the stock also and I want to buy higher bars because the stock are so uncomfortable!

please let me know.

thank you

Don't have them yet. I am starting my christmas list early so the wifey knows exactly what to get me. I just bought a skid plate, chain and new sprockets so my spending is over for a while. :cry: