Sign in to follow this  

MXtex / I-cat

Hey MX, did I read you have an I-cat? Are you using this on the Husky? Report?

Kelly

Yep, I have been running the iCAT ignition for 6 months or so. Sometimes I don't like recommending products as other folks my have different results than I. For the TE 250 I am cheerfully pleased with the iCAT. Often I have put "engine performance" products on my past bikes and wondered if I really got an improvement at all, with the iCAT it was easily noted. First the engine response is "crisper and livelier", but what was really noticeable what how well it pulled in high torque conditions such as deep sand in mud (just seems to have more torque without bogging) - mid range seems stronger too. Starting is easier and it "lights" instantly. I would say that gas mileage also "appears" to improved as I can go further, but I have not scientifically measured it. No difference on top. One magazine said it was like adding a pipe - all (3 mags) agreed that it worked. So the $200 is pricey but less than a pipe. It installs super easily but you can not use the stock plug cap as it is not a threaded design (the stock plug cap I am not impressed with). For the TE 450 the staring would be a benifit, and more precise throttle contol(lively) perhaps...

:cry: :cry:

MStex

Thanks for the info. I am very open to different products and was wondering about this one. Another manufacturer used to make a similar product that did not work.

Kind of like the PowerNow, it works but is hard to discribe.