Sign in to follow this  

Advice on getting to carb

Going to Jet my X this weekend, i have read about getting to the top,, how about getting to the jets in the botton,, ??? twist the carb. lossen the boots? and help to make this a smooth process would be great.. ohhh and i got 2nd place in my class Last weekend at a Harescramble,, the X rips!!!!

I did my jets and clip. lossen the screws holding the carb to the air box and to the engine. When your on the left side of the bike pull the bottom of the carb towards you and you can take the round bowl drain plug off the bottom of the carb bowl and change the main and pilot jets.

Still on the left side of the bike if you push the bottom of the carb towards the right side of the bike you can take off the top plate that allows you to get to the needle

Thanks but i got to take the bowl off the bottom also to change the leak JET??? cant just go throught the drain? ( i dont think)????

You have to remove the bowl to get at the leak jet. When I changed my leak jet I ended up taking the entire carb of the bike and cleaned it. If you have an angled or offset screwdriver it makes it a lot easier to take off the bowl while the carb is on the bike.

Getting in the top to the needle and in the bottom plug to the main and pilot is no prob with the carb on the bike. To remove the float bowl (for the leak) or to remove the linkage cover I found it is easiest to just take the damn subframe and shock off.

It is possible to R&R the float bowl without removing the sub-frame + shock. It's a bit tricky at times. You will probably need a ViseGrip to crack loose the one screw. Either method is NOT a fun task. Carb removal is even more painful if there is a YZ250F sitting right next your bike, which was the case when I owned my CRF.

Best advice- think happy thoughts while working on the CRF's carb. :cry:

Best advice- think happy thoughts while working on the CRF's carb. :cry:

:cry: Best advice yet. There were lots of thrown tools and newly-invented cuss words the first time I tried it.