Sign in to follow this  

aceribs tank

Guy in the store is saying that an Aceribs tank to fit my `03 S will mean I have to loose the rad fan and horn. Is this right??? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i have an Clarke 3.9 gallon tank , all my fans are still where they were before i put the tank on....

IMG_2715.sized.jpg

Were you able to get that little wire strap installed?

I couldn't get it jammed under the frame with all the [@#$%&*!] in there...

The tank seems pretty stable with the seat and everything so i didn't install that little brace.

Not sure about Acerbis but with IMS you lose your stock fans but not horn... I replaced the fan with a PC one and it works just fine!

really? my fan fits under the big IMS tank. i can't remember the horn, but i don't remember moving it.

most aftermarket tanks will fit both, but don't get anything E specific as the E and S tanks mount to the frame differently.

cheers

droo

Jason,

I have the Acerbis tank installed on my Kawi KLX400R (off road model) and I would tend to believe that the fan would have to go on the S model (after having looked at where the fan sits). Not sure about the horn because I don't know where it is but it could be relocated anywhere pretty easily. Mine is behind my headlight shroud.

My Acerbis tank also pushes against the left rad inlet pipe quite badly to the point where it is beginning to flatten some of the rad fins near the mounting points of the rad.

Aside from this fitment issue, the tank is top-notch and has a trick-looking billet aluminum piece on the top that the cap screws to. I've compared it to the Clark tank which seems quite good but IMO the Acerbis is a nicer looking tank and the seams aren't as obvious.

If I had a digital camera I'd post some pics....