Sign in to follow this  

Trivia to strain your eyes with - (B.H. again)

How many riders can you name in this first turn shot? In a quick count I can name 11. Can you do better? List them to prove it. This picture is cropped so I would suggest right clicking and saving it on your PC and then view it with whatever photo viewing software you like. The zoom button will come in handy.

Firstturn.jpg

OK here goes,

#21 - Tommy Croft

#114 - Gerrit Wolsik(sp.)

#111 - Roger Decoster

#3 - Tony D

#1 - Jammin Jimmy W

#15 - Kent Howerton

#12 - Marty Smith

:cry:

Without giving away too much at this early point these are some good answers. However, one of these is incorrect.

111 is Gerratt Wolsink. I know many others but have too many bids to get out right now. I'll be back. :cry:

DOH, that's not right.

Screw work, this is more important.

1) Back of back no # is Pomroy

2) Tripes #8 in front of him

3) Tony D #3 in front of him

4&5??)2 riders in front of Tony are pure guess's - Bengt Aberg on the Thumper and Jaroslav Falta has ?7 on the side panel - > REVISED I think that is Adolf Weil on a Maico, not Aberg.

6) Roger D #111

7) Sylvian Goeboers #114

8) Jammin Jimmy #1

9) Kent Howerton #15

10) Stackable is hidden behind Marty Smith.

11) Gerrit Wolsink is behind Stackable.

12) Marty Smith #12

13?) Brad Lakey #32

14) Tommy Croft #21

15?) Wild guess on the holeshot - Charles Holcomb?

16?)(Possibly Terry Clark behind Howerton)

How'd I do? :cry:

Well, you got a few right and you also missed a few. Sorry guys but my wife and I have a date tonight and I have very little time to respond so I am going to let this one go until tomorrow. Unless she passes out and I have nothing to do later. :cry:

I am still doing a little research on this picture but so far I am very confident on 13 riders. The guy with the holeshot must have careered it because of the high number. I have a shot of the pack going away from me and I am cross checking names with numbers. But it will have to wait a bit.... :cry:

Here are the answers:

The ones in blue type I am pretty sure on. Black type means I am sure. Semics has to be one of the 2 Kawasaki riders behind Howerton but from other shots I have of Semics that day the visors don't seem to match. I also noticed Weinert's bike had air canisters on the forks in one moto but not in the other.

Firstturnwanswers.jpg

Awsome picture, can't believe you knew all those guy's. I do however have to take exception to 21. You sure that's Perry? I know Tommy Croft had a #21 Honda, but not sure of the year. I guess I will have to research a little.

Thanks. :cry:

I know Tommy Croft had a #21 Honda, but not sure of the year. I guess I will have to research a little.

Thanks. :cry:

I'm with ya, John; but I thought Croft was number 21 on an XL Thumper - but a few years later. :cry:

Croft4stroke.jpg

Save your research time because the camera never lies. Croft was riding the 250 support class that year wearing 56s. I can't seem to recall what the letters meant by the numbers. I found some riders with v's next to their numbers as well. As a added bonus question who was on the KX in front of Karsmakers?

Croft.jpg

Karsmakers.jpg

Save your research time because the camera never lies.

OK, you win. :cry: :cry:

Now, here's two for you...

1) Tell me what brand of bike is behind me.

2) At the same race - on the left is a former factory pro, who is it?

0bch1521_std.jpg

0bch1539_std.jpg

I was thinking an AJS was always a beautiful bike as I was looking to confirm it when I noticed his shirt. :cry::cry:

Not sure on the rider but it could be Mike Runyard. I would think he would be older than this guy though.

Wow, shut down again. You do know your $h!t from that era. These pictures are so awsome. I'm not sue who the guy on the KX is but I do believe he also pulled the holeshot at the Colorado National in '76? Was a full page pic in MXA. I do not think it is Terry Clark, but the way I'm going it could be. :cry:

P.S. Mitch, as I'm sure you probably figured out by now your pictures aren't showing yet? And of course I want to see them also :cry:

Well wait a minute, Chefan can see them and I can't, must be from upgrade stuff. :cry:

The hint I was going to give about the KX rider is sort of in your response. I think it very likely could've been the same rider who go that holeshot in '76.

To see his pictures I had to right click, choose properties and paste the link in a separate IE address bar.

Bul206, How long do I have to wait for the correct answer regarding the dude on the left? :cry:

Bul206, How long do I have to wait for the correct answer regarding the dude on the left? :cry:

Sorry, been riding all day. :cry:

The dude on the left is Tom Benolkin.