Sign in to follow this  

pistons, oem or wiesco ?

I don't recall the cost of the Wiseco, but I do know it's a lot more (relatively speaking) than OEM. I've got an '04 OEM kit just sitting here waiting for me to install it.

125shifter, how much was your oem kit ?

I made a post about it on 3-8-04, did a search and found it:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB29&Number=978491&Forum=UBB29&Words=servicehonda.com&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=978491&Search=true#Post978491

Bear in mind that there's more in that list that just piston/pin/rings/clip. Nevertheless, it's cheap!

I personally like the Wiseco piston over the OEM because the wiseco piston is so much lighter than the stock piston, it lets you accelerate/get up in the higher rpm's quicker. I could really tell the difference with my 2 smoker.

i dont think the wiesco is lighter in the crf450 aplication

Ron - The 13:1 Wiseco is 0.5 lighter as a package(rings, pin, etc) and about 1 gram lighter if you use the OEM Honda pin instead of the Wiseco. Not much but better than being heavier I guess :cry:

I have been an avid Wiseco fan, but...the 450 pistons come machined with .003" clearance which I believe to be to much. We have run the Wisecos in all 5 of our race bikes(had the bores tightened up to .0015" clearance) until we broke a wrist pin while running 3rd in Nashville....now all the bikes have CP pistons in them.

I have been an avid Wiseco fan, but...the 450 pistons come machined with .003" clearance which I believe to be to much. We have run the Wisecos in all 5 of our race bikes(had the bores tightened up to .0015" clearance) until we broke a wrist pin while running 3rd in Nashville....now all the bikes have CP pistons in them.

.003 clearance is that from piston to cylinder wall??