Sign in to follow this  

Swapping Carbs on 03 250f

Well, after much effort and expense, and a ton of great info from this site, I have decided to swap my carb with my nephews 03 250f (he'll never know. He's 17 and has decided girls are more fun than bikes-give him time FOOL).. I have changed the leak jet, baught a p38 lightning, taken it to the shop for an adjustment, and it just will not shred the bog. So hopefully my new idea works, because I want an an 2006 with the aluminum frame not an 05, but my hand could be forced here. Wish me luck

Well it will be an interesting experiment. But I would not be surprised if you still had a bog. My brother-in-law has an 04 and his had a bog just as bad as my 02. Ultimately we had to completely block the lead jet on his.

Plus, you will still have the same exhaust, airbox, etc, etc. so you may still have jetting issues.

So as we have said many times before. First you have to dial in your jetting across all ranges but especially the pilot circuit and the needle. Then you have to time your AP squirt and adjust it into a range of 0.75-1.0 seconds. Then you have to adjust your timing linkage so the squirt just misses the slide.