what is no toil oil ?

Welcome to TT, newbie! In addition to Fryboy's link, here's a great tip about NoToil that I got here on TT. Put your dirty filters in a bucket, put in some of the NoToil soap powder, and fill the bucket with scalding hot water from the sink. Then just let the bucket sit for 30 minutes while you do other chores. Then dump out the soapy water in the sink (it's biodegradeable), rinse the filters in the bucket with clear water a couple of times, squeeze out the water and set them out to dry. They're as clean as new, without having to work cleaner into them or anything. Way cool.

BTW, if you buy new stock filters, they often come pre-oiled with non-NoToil oil. You need to clean them the old fashioned way before you can start using the NoToil oil & cleaner system. ?

Berkeman,

Your cleaning technique sounds good but..... I have a much easier way of doing the same thing.

1. Go to your washing machine

2. Put a half scoop of detergent (tide works great) and about 1/4 cup of the no toil cleaner in washer.

3. Start filling the tank and move the spinner by hand to get your suds going.

4. Take all of your dirty filters ( I have 4 I rotate) and throw them in. The washer does all the work and even spins them dry.

Don't worry the washer doesn't get dirty. ? Oh, another important mention, don't use the cleaner on any filter that isn't made by No Toil as it eats away at the glue holding your filter together

Fryboy

• Like 1

please help, i keep hearing about no toil oil, what is it ???

Its horrible. I will never ? be sold on that stuff.

It eats glue off filters (no joke) and has all the tackyness of H2O. I doubt it filters the dirt that well.

Just buy some good ol spray on oil and wash off with kerosene. Your engine will thank you for it.

It eats glue off filters (no joke) and has all the tackyness of H2O. I doubt it filters the dirt that well.

Just buy some good ol spray on oil and wash off with kerosene. Your engine will thank you for it.

Wash off with kerosene. Dude, I hate kerosene. It evaporates as slow as water. Get it on your hands and you'll be smelling like a gas tank for the next 2 days.

If you use no-toil oil on a no-toil filter you will have no problems. It ate the glue on my Uni, but No-Toil gave me a new filter. No questions asked.

And it does filter good. Through the whole summer, I only used No-toil. It was really dusty, every ride I would have to clean the filter. I checked the boot the other day. Sparkling clean, just like the day I got it.

And, only put the filters in the washer if it's a no-toil filter. The uni's and such aren't built as tough as the no-toils are.

You probably haven't even used no-toil. You even said probably doesn't filter out that good. Dude, get your facts straight before you make up some [@#$%&*!] and steer people away.

Anyways, No-toil is great. Easiest and the fastest to clean. Also, if you get any on your hands, just use cleaner and water to wash ur hands.

Also, Tide detergent works on the no-toil oil just like the no-toil cleaner does. Super cheap! ?

I've used No-Toil for over two years. It's never eaten the glue on a

filter yet and I am currently using a Uni.

Anyone that says No-Toil doesn't capture dirt, needs to look at the

dirt laying at the bottom of my bucket after washing my filter. ?

Mr Milk ? I am one of your biggest fans here but you talkin nonsense bubba ? I don't know what you did or what the deal was with your experience, but I can tell you I ride some of the dustiest trails in Northern Cal. I mean DUSTY!!! I have never, not once, in the 2.5 years of owning my bike, ever ever ever cleaned my carb one time. No dirt has ever entered my engine that I can find evidence of. I went on a 2 day Dual sport ride a couple weekends ago eating tons of dust. I didn't even change my filter for the second day. When I got home it was the nastiest, dirtiest filter one would ever want to see and not one speck got past that sucka.

You are right about the glue deal. I had a couple Uni's fall apart in the washing machine. Now I use No Toil Filters and they have been great.

Fryboy

I always washed it by hand and it came apart.

I don't think it's the cleaner. I think that it is the oil itself. No-toil oil is for both foam and fiber air filters. If you use a fiber oil on a foam filter, you will have a puddle of glue on the bottom

Mr Milk ? I am one of your biggest fans here but you talkin nonsense bubba ? I don't know what you did or what the deal was with your experience, but I can tell you I ride some of the dustiest trails in Northern Cal. I mean DUSTY!!! I have never, not once, in the 2.5 years of owning my bike, ever ever ever cleaned my carb one time. No dirt has ever entered my engine that I can find evidence of. I went on a 2 day Dual sport ride a couple weekends ago eating tons of dust. I didn't even change my filter for the second day. When I got home it was the nastiest, dirtiest filter one would ever want to see and not one speck got past that sucka.

You are right about the glue deal. I had a couple Uni's fall apart in the washing machine. Now I use No Toil Filters and they have been great.

Fryboy

Not trying to offend anyone. Just my opinion.

I saw others were giving their honest opinion, mine just happened to be negative of the product because of my expierence with it.

Am I not allowed to express my opinions on this product? IMO it was constructive critisim.

I just dont like the product, the guy can make up his own mind wether he wants to buy it or not.

BTW: I like you too Fryboy! ?

? :cry: ?? ??

You probably haven't even used no-toil. You even said probably doesn't filter out that good. Dude, get your facts straight before you make up some [@#$%&*!] and steer people away.

and 230F, Are you some kind of spokesman for their company or what???? Or do you work for No Toil and are afraid Im going to render you jobless? ?

Fryboy

Not trying to offend anyone. Just my opinion.

I saw others were giving their honest opinion, mine just happened to be negative of the product because of my expierence with it.

Am I not allowed to express my opinions on this product? IMO it was constructive critisim.

I just dont like the product, the guy can make up his own mind wether he wants to buy it or not.

BTW: I like you too Fryboy! ?

? :cry: ? ? ?

Yes, you're entitled to your opinion...

But don't let a bad experience ruin your opinion of the product

forever. No Toil did ruin a lot of filters, and if I remember right,

the company changed the product so it no longer "eats" the glue on

filters. ?

I use filter oil, and clean with gasoline, rinse with water and shove 'er in the oven if I'm in a hurry.. Toss 'er in a plastic bag and fill with oil, slap on some gloves and strap her in lickity split. Works fine, has worked fine for the past 2 years, same filter.. Same thing every other day.

I had all sorts of problems with it eating the glue on filters. Pretty much fixed it by letting the newly oiled filter sit overnight before installing. I'm thinking that installing the filter too soon must trap residual solvent (alcohol?) in the foam where the base of the filter is held against the airbox. My filters always came apart there until I started letting them dry thoroughly. But even if this weren't so...they're always happy to supply you with those free filters:) Beats the living hell outa' kerosene and a messy bucket:)...not that there's anything wrong with that:)

and 230F, Are you some kind of spokesman for their company or what???? Or do you work for No Toil and are afraid Im going to render you jobless? ?

I work for my dad, and the last time I checked, he runs a buisness that does HVAC ?

I just like thier product and hope that people can use it and see the benefits of using it. No stinky hands, stickey hands, and it's easy and fast...

Yes, you're entitled to your opinion...

But don't let a bad experience ruin your opinion of the product

forever. No Toil did ruin a lot of filters, and if I remember right,

the company changed the product so it no longer "eats" the glue on

filters. ?

I guess I still am sour with them due to the fact I spentmajor bucks buying filter after filter before I came to the conclusion it was the oil. (this was way back before it was ever discovered, because I started using the NoToil the first time I seen it on the shelf)

BTW: The dealer I was buying the filters from said it was probably just a bad batch of filters from the factory that I was getting!

So I guess as soon as NoToil reimburses me the $120 they owe me for the 4 Uni's I had to replace then I guess I will always be bitter with them.

Dont you think NoToil should have done a little R&D with all filters avialable on the market so the consumers dont have to find out stuff like this for themselves? ?