Sign in to follow this  

just got the call from dealer....05 crf 450 is here

finally......just thought i'd share so everyone else waiting knows they are coming in! mine is being prepped right now! i will pick it up @ 4:00! :cry:

Still waiting here in the mid west ,mine's coming from springfield MO I hope my money's down on the second one,

I just saw one sitting on the showroom floor at my local dealer, Canyon Honda. It is a sweet looking machine...however, what's with the cheesy little engine guard only on the left side, the right side doesn't have one and not even a mounting hole to put one on. The left side is so flimsy and small, why even bother :cry: That's my only noticeable complaint...I guess they had to shave the 3 lbs somehow :cry:

I just saw one sitting on the showroom floor at my local dealer, Canyon Honda. It is a sweet looking machine...however, what's with the cheesy little engine guard only on the left side, the right side doesn't have one and not even a mounting hole to put one on. The left side is so flimsy and small, why even bother :cry: That's my only noticeable complaint...I guess they had to shave the 3 lbs somehow :cry: The other thing I noticed is that the header sticks out towards the front of the bike more, not sure that is really a good thing if you dump it..I think it will be that much easier to fold that header when it's dumped. Don't get me wrong, I really like the looks of it, but those are the 2 things I'm not sure I'm too fond of.

i have both engine guards on left and right side...they are a little smaller and they're more white then gray....thats the only difference i see :cry:

You were likely looking at a CRF250. It does not have a right side engine guard nor a hole to mount one. The 2005 CRF450 has guards on both sides.

Got mine 9/22 :cry: :cry: It's going to be hard to park old faithful though :cry: