Sign in to follow this  

XR50

OK, I went ahead and did it!

Went with SIK50 Full suspension kit for my son's 2003 XR50.

Debated going with a KTM but think in the long run, maintenance etc I can't go wrong. Only thing that has me worried at the start is if the suspension is going to be too stiff, but I am confident that I-Shock and SIK50 can help me out there. Going with the TTR90 front fork, light spring and 5w oil. Should be nice up front for the little ripper. In the rear going with an I-Shock and 2" longer Aluminum swingarm, which will help level out the bike.

Can't wait to build it and see what my son thinks.

Question, what brand CDI Box should I get? Does it really help?

Very nice. Should work pretty good, only thing I can say is that the SIK50's swingarm tends to make for a very stiff ride compared to there +2" swingarms. And dont worry about a rev box for the stock motor, it wont do anything at all for it.

?? I am getting the 2" longer swingarm.

ok, will do on the CDI box. What can I do, CHEAP, to the motor or drive train to gain some top end speed? DOn't want to spend any money on the motor but if their is something I can do let me know. Already have a FMF Power Core 4 Exhaust. What can I do to get rid of the low end bog?

What I ment is that the Sik50's swingarm makes the shock action much harsher compared to say a Five-0 swingarm because Sik50's changed the shock mount location on there swingarm. And as for motor, there isnt much you can do to get anymore out of a stock motor without going bigbore, but put a Uni filter on it if you hant already.