Sign in to follow this  

Plz. help - need gasket

hello,

I want to install a Wiseco 270ccm piston kit on my XR250L, but don´t have the gasket kit. I am from Germany and (big Bore) gasket kits are not availible in my country. :cry:

Can anyone plz. help me? Can anyone sale and ship such a gasket kit?

thx. Peter

I would recommend thumper racing for your gasket, you might also try contacting JE pistons, they sell gaskets for their 270 and 277 kits , i dont think its that big a deal to use a stock gasket , the a 270 is 76mm and stock is 73mm if i'm not mistaking, measure your old gasket i'm pretty sure in a pinch it will be fine.

stu

Thank you.

Well, but did Thumper Racing ship outside US?

About gasket:

My local dealer told me that they need in all cases the oversized/bigger gasket for doing the mod. I don´t know if this is true.

Did they also need a Big bore sleeve or can they use the old/standart sleeve for the 270ccm mod?

(sry, for my bad english :cry: )

thx. Peter

Peter you can go 277cc without a rebore , From memory a 270 is 76mm the biggest is either 76.5or 77 before changing sleeve.

Thumper Racing will be able to answer you on the shipping, i dont see why not, air mail with credit card instant sale and 10 days later you have your part , it would not be an issue for me!

if you change the sleeve yes you have to retut the cases, this is the FUN or going overbore!!!!!

If you cant get from US there's plenty of places in France , you need to get a copy of Moto VERTE magazine , there's thousands of dealers in that magazines , guys like Maunier in France would likely have it in stock, Wiseco is not the only company making pistons, in Europe there are several brands which we u don't hear from.

stu

I mailed Thumper Racing but have not received an answer yet. :cry:

Maunier? I think you mean monnier.ch - well, it seems they didn´t have Xr250 parts anymore. :cry:

Perhaps I should simply try too order at Thumper Racing and wait what happens?

Is the Thumper Racing item "GA_XR-H2" the oversized Head Gasket for 277ccm? (damn, my english is pretty bad - so I am not sure if the Thumper Racing item GA_XR-H2 is stock OEM gasket or the oversized gasket :cry: )

thx. Peter

Thumper will be able to tell you all that , personally i never bought anything from them , but they seem to be a top notch outfit, you can also try Xr's only.

No problem on the english your doing great !, forums are not spelling contests :cry:

stu

@98xr250

I decided to try it without long mailings and simply filled out the Thumper online form. (for 280ccm piston kit, heavy clutch, wrisp p, gasket, 280er jettings)

Unfortunatly, their online form don´t properly know Germany. (shipping fee was $0) :cry:

However, but it seems the order is placed in the system if their cc processor billed my credit card. So, I hope Thumper may progress my international order.

Let´s wait & see.

Thank you for yours friendly help. :cry:

xo Peter

you might get away with stock clutch springs ,ON THE 280 , one trick is to place a washer in between the sping and plate to give it the extra "tension"

LOCTITE the works and your in fine shape!

stu

@98xr250

Thanks for the setup tips.

And also thanks a lot for the idea/advice with Thumper Racing. Thumper Racing will ship the kit to Germany. :cry:

That´s absolutly great news.

Yeahhh, I will soon get my big bore kit!!!

:cry:

Thank you for everything. :cry:

:cry:

thx. Peter