Sign in to follow this  

Should the FIM disassociate the AMA from its organization?

Well guys yet again the Yanks have pulled out of the Motocross De Nations. What is it with the Yanks are they afraid of competion or are they just greedy B****rds and there isn't enough money in it for them? :cry:

I don't blame any of the riders for not going, they have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Their teams don't want to foot the bill for them to go for the same reasons. Why would the AMA get punted from its FIM sanction because of this? They have NOTHING to do with it.

are they just greedy B****rds and there isn't enough money in it for them? :cry:

Well to extent there is some truth to this. :cry:

I think the american riders are just afraind of Stefan and Mickeal. Ricky knows he couldn't keep their pace. :cry:

I don't think this is true. Ricky proved he could win last year. I think it boils down to greed. The other reply proves it, he wants to know what they will get out of it. Well how about the satisfaction that you are the best Team in the world!! :cry:

That smirking smiley meant sarcasm, I think. Ricky is a better rider than Everts. Pity the US cant come... seeing Belguim or France beat the us would be frickin awesome, that would spur the us to come again and create great racing!

Should the AMA care what the fim does? (not sarcasm, just curious).

Does the premier racing organization in the world need the support/permission of another group when there are only three token races per year that overlap? (again not sarcasm, truly curious about opinions)

IMO, MXDN is really a euro affair. if it was as prestigious as everyone makes out, maybe us "yanks" would bother fielding a team.

i honestly couldn't give a s__t if euros race AMA events, so why should you euros care where or when us "yanks" race?

jeremiah

No, the FIM shouldn't punt the AMA.

The AMA should punt the FIM.

THe "world supercross" is a joke. It takes TWO races in europe, then the remaining dozen or so in the US. Seems like an AMA Supercross with a couple of "also ran" races.

Aside from monetary funding for the MXDN, why bother when you've got nothing to prove?

Basically we're greedy bas**rds. If it's going to cost money, then the riders and their companies don't think it's worth representing your country. Same thing happened with the U.S. Olympic basketball team. Top players wouldn't go so we sent the best that would go. At least these players thought it was worth their time. Pathetic effort by U.S. riders and the AMA.

Who cares about the MXDN or the FIM. Especially when we have the worlds best lining up in the 250 class. Bring on Anaheim 1 already.

Who cares about the MXDN or the FIM. Especially when we have the worlds best lining up in the 250 class. Bring on Anaheim 1 already.

You can only prove this statement by having the best US riders take on the best in the World. Until this happens, all this is just "bar talk".

That's why we have the Olympics, The Ryder Cup, The Soccer World Cup etc, to find out who really is the best.

only prove this statement by having the best US riders take on the best in the World. Until this happens,

It did happen, last year. As I recall, Carmichael blew everyone away.

only prove this statement by having the best US riders take on the best in the World. Until this happens,

And he's only gotten faster.

No, the FIM shouldn't punt the AMA.

The AMA should punt the FIM.

THe "world supercross" is a joke. It takes TWO races in europe, then the remaining dozen or so in the US. Seems like an AMA Supercross with a couple of "also ran" races.

Aside from monetary funding for the MXDN, why bother when you've got nothing to prove?

yes,its the FIM's fault the 2-stroke riders cant use the right kind of gas

Like I say. There is only one way to prove this. What happened in the past proves nothing.

...its the FIM's fault the 2-stroke riders cant use the right kind of gas

And the reason there are 250Fs in the 125 class and 450Fs in the 250 class.

The AMA has no direction and is a follower rather than a leader. It's a non-profit lobbyist group with a for-profit subsidiary. (Pro Racing) You can't be any good at either one with structure like that.

Like I say. There is only one way to prove this. What happened in the past proves nothing.

Ok, in that case, why do the US teams and individuals need to fund their way to Europe? WHy doesn't Everets come over here and run an outdoor national?

I know the MXDN was attepmted to have been held here two years ago, but that was a complete bone on the AMA and FIM.

Send your guys over here to run a national or two.(heck, or the series!)

i honestly couldn't give a s__t if euros race AMA events, so why should you euros care where or when us "yanks" race?

Because you constantly boast of how great your riders are. Not sarcasm. They truly are great. But it would be nice to see some action put behind those words (like when RC beat everts). Not coming and then talking about how great you are is lame.

Prove it again? :cry:

MXDN is cool to watch though. It is the Olympics of MX as far as I am concerned. I wish we could always have a MXDN, consistantly, just to do it. It really is neat to watch.