Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone ridden from Fraizer Park to Santa Barbara?

I'm trying to ride from FP to SB on the dirt (mostly dirt)Two years ago I rode the VCMC Dualsport ride and we were back behind Ventucopa on the way to the Tinta Trail (fun trail)According to my GPS I was only about 20 miles or so from the top of the San Marcos Pass (top of the SM pass is my destination)I called the SB district ranger station and they were very nice. However, they said the whole area up there is full of locked gates and I would be out of luck.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could do this?

Thanks,

Keith

Man,..... I cant even grasp that Idea That would be insane! But bitchen at the same time :cry: :cry:

There might be some old timers around that have done that long ago. Maybe you could check out some hiking websites and pose as a sierre clubber! Just dont tell anyone you plan on using a dirtbike to do your hiking!! :cry: :cry:

I have a book called "hiking the Santa Barbara backcountry" I'll try and find it and get the authors name.

I'm sure it covers that entire area.

I realize this response is dated but I have done it. You really cant punch through trails or dirt From Frazier to SB per se, but on highway 33 at the top of pine mountain there is a gate. It enters an area called Potrero Seco a dirt road. Not legal but usually no hassel in winter. It is said you can get a permit. That road goes a ways and there is another gate that enters the Hildreth Jeepway and goes across Hildreth Peak to a campground called P bar Flats. From there you dirt road it to a tar one lane road called gibralter road and drop into downtown SB. It is not legal but it is not private or wildeness either so some risk but not huge. I have done it once every few years for about 20 years