Sign in to follow this  

DRZ110 AirBox mods

I've ordered an 85 main and a 40 pilot for my daughters 110 but I am not sure about how many and what size holes to drill in the airbox. Any Suggestions?

I drilled mine out and tryed three different main and pilot jets and played with air fuel mix and it was much worse than stock. I had to buy a stock airbox from e-bay to fix this mistake.

Get rid of the stock air box and get the Two Brothers kit.

What jetting did you use with the two brothers kit? Have you tried the adjustale needle? I belive it was a two brothers needle. How does the filter hold up when its wey and muddy? :cry:

Get rid of the stock air box and get the Two Brothers kit.

Wrong. If you ever hit mud, then you'll be pushing that bike back to camp.

I drilled mine out and tryed three different main and pilot jets and played with air fuel mix and it was much worse than stock. I had to buy a stock airbox from e-bay to fix this mistake.

mototlawson is right on. that box is a tuned setup. look at the way the box has been partitioned. if you hack it up, you'll introduce turbulence into the airflow, richen the a/f ratio at the region of distortion, and get flat spots (bogging) somewhere in the early stage of midrange.

I have yet to have trouble with this set up. My daughter races in everything from mud to dry sand. All I did was use an Outerwears prefilter cover on it. This is an all out race bike so the conditions are a little different than trail riding. We ride in the high desert after rain with lots of standing water. The only thing I noticed is sometimes after she runs through water, she needs to clutch and rev the engine to clear it.

run the breither tubes for the carb up higher but not abve the carb to make it not studer in the puddles