Sign in to follow this  

Good News For ACL injuries.

This summer on July 18th I fractured my tibia platauo(the peek of the tibia where the acl attaches). The ACL also pulled off the bone and had to reheal it self. The surgeon told me that because the fracture wasnt displaced I wouldnt need surgery. So I got to be in a knee imoblizor for 6 weeks with none weight bearing. At the 6 week check up the ACL had rehealed it self well enough that I wouldnt need ACL reconstruction and it was tighter in the joint that if he would have done surgery. Within 2 days after check up i already had 90 degrees flexon in the knee after having it imoblized for 6 weeks. Its been 9 weeks total now or 3 weeks since I got to start walking on it and I almost have full motion again. I'm going for bike rides and even got my bike kick started the other weekend. Still alittle to weak to head back out on the track though. Hopefully in another week or two though I'll be able to go back at it. But for those of you layed up with ACL injuries you'll be back out there faster than you think. Just do what the doctors tell you, and keep up on the rehab exercises.

Wow thats gotta be tough. I screwed up my right knee so I was worried about kick starting my bike. Seems to be fine so far and can only get easier as my knee gets stronger again.