Sign in to follow this  

Any Biggun owners on the 230

I have all the power up mods + the full BIGGUN Race exhaust,

I was wondering about the smoke (white) I see after my son races me down the road and starts gearing down. From wide open for about 1/8 of a mile to slow for driveway (hard braking) smokes really bad but not on acceleration

Maybe the jetting???

Did any jetting recommendations come WITH the exhaust when you recieved it??

I shall be getting mine delivered to my doorstep ANY day now...and am curious about if the jetting may need re-tinkering after installing the pipe and headers?

I have all the power up mods + the full BIGGUN Race exhaust,

I was wondering about the smoke (white) I see after my son races me down the road and starts gearing down. From wide open for about 1/8 of a mile to slow for driveway (hard braking) smokes really bad but not on acceleration

Maybe the exhaust has a thuin layer of oil to prevent rusting. Keep riding the bike and if it continues, check your jetting.

May want to check your plug color and such while ur at it :cry:

Well, unless that exhaust restricts more than the stock one (which is not pobbisble) you will need a 45 pilot even more if you are at sea level or below 2000 feet.

When you are decelerating, does the exhaust pop? If so, you need a 45. :cry:

Q:

I am at about 4600 ft. and DEFFINATLY need a larger pilot...no question about that...the bike pops upon deceleration.

BUT...

Since you recommended a 45 to dude who was at 0-2000ft.. would a 48 work in my situation??

Thanks

P.S. I might be taking her back up to Montana soon, the town I live in is 6656 ft. and riding elevations would be much higher than that...possibly even up to 9,000-10,000 in the Bearstooth mountains... any recommendations for THAT??

Heck, even I notice the physical breathing difference comming from my hometown elevation to the lower elevations of Nevada.

Oops! Looks like Big Gun's data sheet transposed the 150/230 part numbers for the power-up needle.

150 is 16012-KPT-921

230 is 16012-KPS-921

Q:

I am at about 4600 ft. and DEFFINATLY need a larger pilot...no question about that...the bike pops upon deceleration.

BUT...

Since you recommended a 45 to dude who was at 0-2000ft.. would a 48 work in my situation??

Thanks

P.S. I might be taking her back up to Montana soon, the town I live in is 6656 ft. and riding elevations would be much higher than that...possibly even up to 9,000-10,000 in the Bearstooth mountains... any recommendations for THAT??

Heck, even I notice the physical breathing difference comming from my hometown elevation to the lower elevations of Nevada.

The higher the altitude, the lower the number on the pilot jet...

you may want a 42 pilot for riding in 6600, and one step down for the 10 grand... :cry: