Sign in to follow this  

DRZ out lives a KTM 300

Cisco traded his new KTM 300 away. When a TTer asked him in the SW forum is the DRZ next? Cisco said and I quote: "The DRZ will never go" :cry: :cry:

allright that's all the info I need - here's a young guy who can ride fast. yes he will get another pumkin 450 something in trade for his 300 but that is not the point.

the POINT is The DRZ will never go!!

I'm with Cisco.

Every time I ride this bullet proof beast, I'm so happy that I went with it. It's like a timex watch. It takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. It has put up with so many of my put downs and hasn't missed a beat! :cry:

I haven't been ridding much lately since I moved away from Grand jct.

I have finally gotten some time and with the trees turning I thought I would give it a go.

Man, it is just like when I first got it. I am pretty happy about it.

I wondered into this KTM shop here in Loveland and was looking for a dual sport tire to try. The salesman and I were talking about the 300 EXC and he was telling me how smooth and nice it was.

hehehe Then I read a post like this and am planning another ride tomorrow with my new dual sport tires. They couldn't do any worse than my worn out knobbies but will be more comfortable getting there.

You want to ride 100 miles of...whatever....and you dont want to worry about oil, bearings, overheating, fuel mileage, breeaking down.......

What bike do you choose?

DRZ

Shes the Ol faithfull and quite frankly SPANKS the 300 at 55 mph on up to 95 where she says thats enough. She runs straight as an arrow and feels like your favorite evening chair between the legs.

I traded the 300EXC for an 04 450 SX with 6 speed. The 300 is a truly incredible machine, but the 4stroke is in me and wont go away. The KTM is an interesting machine. Not perfect, but amazing.

Took the DRZ out and did a 25 to 65 mph wheelie down the street and now Im going to put her to bed. Shes here to stay.

Good night :cry:

I'm in too...rode into town today on the new SM set-up :cry: and showed it off to a good buddy. He took it for a short :cry: ride, and an hour later he came back grinning ear to ear. Now he wants one (DRZ and SM setup)! :cry:

One of the things I enjoy about my KTM is knowing I have the DRZ. :cry:

I saw a guy test ride a DRZ in a parking lot earlier this evening (last evening?) and he bought it on the spot.

Mike

:cry:

I'm in too...rode into town today on the new SM set-up and showed it off to a good buddy. He took it for a short ride, and an hour later he came back grinning ear to ear. Now he wants one (DRZ and SM setup)!

Its not hard to see why. :cry:

Its so funny how everyone who owns one loves it and those who don't remind you how you should have bought an MX type machine.... That your DRZ is heavy and slow.... :cry:

A friend of mine was telling me that its a heavy bike before I bought mine and that I should stay away from it. I am so glad I decided I needed street legal and ended up with the DRZ anyways ignoring that advice! Now with a few mods even he says its an awesome bike. :cry:

Ill take it any day over the others hands down. Swiss Army bike. Nothin else like it. :cry::cry:

Its so funny how everyone who owns one loves it...

Coming to work this morning I'm stopped at a red light in the pole position, right lane. Minivan pole position, left lane. Parked car about 300 ft further ahead of me in the right lane. Light turns green, minivan seems to take an agressive start.

I gun it, and inadvertantly, place myself in a position to provide a weather report (i.e. facing 12 o'clock). Shifted while in the air, left flasher on while in the air, came down smooth, and in front of him in 2nd gear. Awesome moment.

Made my day.

Sell my DR-Z? Dream on. :cry: