Sign in to follow this  

Bringing it all together.

I seem to know the basics pretty well now but when i get out on the track i still dont feel comfortable going really fast, as soon as i get into the habit of keeping the throttle wide open i seem to lose my form. Is this something that is down to practise or is there something i'm missing here...

Like i get thrown around a lot by braking bumps and they throw me off balance and then i ruin the whole turn :cry: It just doing all these techniques at speed which im having trouble with :cry:

Cheers!

Need to slow down, and smooth everything out. As most people think they know the basic, and they really dont. Some may say the know the basics, beacuse they do it just a little. To where all the basic should be perfect in riding. When riding, to watching is never the same. The only way for you do see this is for someone to tape while you ride. Hopefully this helps. :cry:

Getting tossed around in the bumps has a lot to do with your legs. The harder you squeeze with your knees, the more stable the bike will be. Also, check your suspension settings, make sure everything is adjusted evenly. Good luck . :cry:

Also, look ahead to the next obstacle, this is very important for being smooth between sections.

munster and beeks are correct you need to slow down and have somebody tape you so you can look at what you are doing, because what you think your doing and what you are doing are two different things.----it takes years of work and thinking about it and eating and drinking it and wanting it so badly before it starts to get ingrained in you subconscious (existing in the mind whitout entering conscious awareness)-----and your subreflex takes over and you do it without thinking about it so you can consentrate on the track and choes good lines and out smart the other riders and the track. ---racing is a very hard thing to do good, and to excell at it takes all you have inside and then some ,---and then some more .

I seem to know the basics pretty well now but when i get out on the track i still dont feel comfortable going really fast, as soon as i get into the habit of keeping the throttle wide open i seem to lose my form. Is this something that is down to practise or is there something i'm missing here...

Like i get thrown around a lot by braking bumps and they throw me off balance and then i ruin the whole turn :cry: It just doing all these techniques at speed which im having trouble with :cry:

Cheers!

Dude, of course it takes a lot of practice. If it was that easy any good athelet could jump right on and do it. Don't worry about holding the throttle wide open develop some skills first. You have to stay in control to go fast and last long. :cry:

I wonder do the bad crashes result from riding way out of your control ability or from making a mistake within your control ability..... the advice here seems to be riding fast is not about balls out as some would have you believe when your young, but more about desire and practice and training and learning to ride faster. It is a hard mental sport as well. I'll never even be a racer, but it's neat to hear you guys talk about the process of racing almost like hearing some great songwriter talk about how he gets his best inspiration in the mornings to write good music and me being able to say yeah me too I get inspired in the mornings even though I'll never write a great song.

TT rocks! :cry: :cry: :cry: