Sign in to follow this  

Garage Bike Stand

I am wanting to build a bike stand that i can push my bike on and the motor be eye level or so. Also have it were there is a hole in the middle to get to the bottom of the motor. Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks :cry:

38c7.jpg

Here is the one I built. The picture doesn't show the whole stand but it's the only one I had. This is my second one and I made it big enough so I could store the pressure washer and shop vac and lawn mower. It rolls around on lockable wheels, has a wheel chock and eye bolts for tie down staps. I use a collapsable stand that put under the bike 99% of the time and when I'm changing oil, I use the straps to hold it down. I broke my back last year and couldn't stay hunched over working the bikes for long periods of time so I built this. Now that my back is 100%, I use the stand too much to get rid of it. It depends on how tall you are and where you would like the bike to be positioned. I'm 6'3" so I like the height on this one, but sometimes getting the bike up there after I have been riding all day is a challenge. Take some measurements and figure out what you want. This one cost $30 for all the stuff from Home Depot. Use wood screws and not nails to assemble.

I built one with an 11 " stroke air cylinder ,it's a little tall to set the scooter on to it's 22" tall then raises to 33" tall,not eye level but it's geat for overhaul time,I slide a plate thru the frame and bolt it down to the top of the lift to keep the bike steady.sorry my acient computer I don't have pictures maybe some day.

I have one of these.

Not quite eye-level, but if I sit on a stool it is.

1500lb bike jack

Mine is a different brand, and I have seen them cheaper than this - this was just the first picture I found with a quick search.