Sign in to follow this  

johnson valley to big bear

Anyone done this ride. Once desert seasons starts I want to do this ride but I dont have a map or any clue of the trails that way. Anyone been up that way and have any advise of ways to go

A good start would be up rattle snake canyon, east of Old woman springs. If you've never done that canyon, your in for killer ride. 15 mile long wash with no whoops.

From the top of there I'm not sure which way to go. I've staged at cactus flats and went up that way, thru Rose Mines to hwy 38, and then did an illegal road ride to my Dads house in Bear city.

A good person to ask is "bigbearjoe" on the D-37 message board. He's done just about all the trails coming and going from up there.

I'm in on the ride, if it's on a non-race weekend. :cry:

-Tony

Do this all the time. We ride out of Apple Valley up into either Big Bear or Arrowhead for lunch then over to Silverwood for a swim then back down. Great ride lots of fun. I have a map that shows all the trails from Silverwood to Big Bear. I also save all the tracks from my GPS for future use.

I also save all the tracks from my GPS for future use

Would you be willing (and able) to share these GPS track files with a fellow TTer? I would like to ride this area and following a track is much easier than trial and errow with a map.

R

Thanks for the input guys :cry: . The ride sounds fun through big bear and arrowhead then to silverwood. If your willing maybe you could share your gps maps with me also cause it sounds like lots of fun and is exactly what i am looking for. Let me know what up. :cry:

I can take you guys on a great mountain/desert ride right from my house in Apple Valley that you'll never forget. Lunch an gas in Big bear if thats what you want.

Lets get together if you have a dualsported bike and enjoy a fun long ride.

Surfdog, I know it's getting cooler up there I have a few buddies that live in AV. Maybe we can get a group together for a day trip.

EM_rider and 450sxs PM me your e-mail and I will e-mail the map. Either as a map source doc or a picture of map on Word.

Well Dirtman I'm willing to bet that the route I'll take to Big Bear and you'res are completely different animals. My route would be AV to Lucerne for some dez trails and up the mountain via rattlesnake or another route.Lunch in Big bear City, then head back down the mountain for killer single track on the southern slopes that isn't mapped.

When do you guys want to hit it?

Well Dirtman I'm willing to bet that the route I'll take to Big Bear and you'res are completely different animals. My route would be AV to Lucerne for some dez trails and up the mountain via rattlesnake or another route.Lunch in Big bear City, then head back down the mountain for killer single track on the southern slopes that isn't mapped.

When do you guys want to hit it?

EM_rider and 450sxs PM me your e-mail and I will e-mail the map. Either as a map source doc or a picture of map on Word

Done, check your PMs. Thanks.

R

If any of you guys want to plan something for the next 2-3 weeks I'll be more than happy to lead you on a great all day ride from my house. I've lived out this way over twenty five years and know hundreds of miles of great routes, both desert and mountain. Great stuff that most of you haven't seen. Need to be dual sported though.Weekend rides only, no Mondays. Off tomorrow for a 150 mile desert ride. leaving at 9:00 back at 5:00 or 6:00.

Let me know guys.