Sign in to follow this  

Cobra Exhaust for TTR225

I went on to dennis kirk and they dont have any cobra pipes for a ttr225. Anyone have any ideas on what kind of pipes i can look at. I want relativly cheap and something thats loud & mean sounding.

You should try to make a tip like the one I made. Sounds alot better than stock cost me 2 bucks and only took about 1 hour. I was going to buy a FMF pipe glad I didn't spend that kind of $$. I bet it sounds as good or better than a aftermarket pipe just dosen't look near as nice. I even noticed power gains mostly bottom end so what do u got to loose.

[image]040921-002.jpg[/image] [image]040921-005.jpg[/image]

I wouls suggest a Pro Circut T-4 pipe. They have one for the 225 in Chapparel for like $224. The exaust tip does look cool Roland, but you're gonna want a whole new pipe because the stock one on the 225 is so freakin restrictive. Just remeber to re-jet the carb when putting on the new pipe.

You should try to make a tip like the one I made. Sounds alot better than stock cost me 2 bucks and only took about 1 hour. I was going to buy a FMF pipe glad I didn't spend that kind of $$. I bet it sounds as good or better than a aftermarket pipe just dosen't look near as nice. I even noticed power gains mostly bottom end so what do u got to loose.

how the hell did you do that? o.O

how the hell did you do that? o.O

I made an exhaust tip using a piece of automotive exhaust pipe adapter for a small 4 cylinder car the pipe was 1 1/2 and expanded to 1 5/8 or 1 3/4 I cut the big end on about a 45 degree angle cut the small end down enough to fit about an inch into the spark arrestor Then I took the end cap off my bike cut the three welds to take the screen off. Using a holesaw on the end cap I cut a 1 1/2 hole in the center welded the new pipe in from the backside slid the old spark arrestor over the new pipe and spot welded it back on made sure it fit painted it black and put it on sounds awsome cost me $2 bucks for the pipe about an hour of my time and now my TTR sounds like a YZF 450 :cry:

I have decided to buy a Pro Circuit T4 pipe. Its on dennis kirk for about 240$ for the whole system. Surly going to add some punch. Anyone use it on there 225? For now the end of ym stock pipe = sawed off :cry: