Sign in to follow this  

Switching from 02 WR to 05 YZF....

Well I have made up my mind. I think I will finish out the rest of my season on my WR250F and then I plan to clean it really good (new tires, stuff like that) and through it on my shop floor and list on company website... My thing is.. How woods friendly is the new 05 YZ250F. I havent had the pleasure of riding a 250F in the past just my WR. Same engine i know but one is track and mine has the WR tranny. I am a very fast rider that needs better suspension than i have now. The main reason i am selling mine or even considering it is my boss said that i can get bikes at cost... So i did some thinking that would mean next year i can sell my 05 YZ250F and pay almost nothing and get me a new 2006.. I think it would be worth it but i will be racing NCHSA hairscrambles. My suspension sucked bad this year and i didnt take the time to get it fixed like i wanted. SO i figure just set it back to factory and sell it. Might ask around $3,000 or so for it with new tires and all. So what do you think of the YZ250F in woods? And would i tell a huge change comming off my 02 going to the 05? I know auto decompression must be a dream (again lazy and didnt put the 03 cam in) and then what other big changes are there. I know renthal bars, shaved a few lbs, narrower seat.. cant think of much more off the top of my head... Why dont the 250F come with Excell rims anyways??? Well let me hear your openions on this... :cry:

I don't think that I'd want anything else in the woods besides my YZ250F. It is a sweet ride and can be dialed in extremely easily. I got my suspension done by race tech and that is the best mod I did to this bike. The next best mod would be the Factory4 pipe. Both are very costly but make the bike so much easier to ride and the pipe definitely adds some nice grunt!

I would agree, I have a WR for off-road and a YZ for the track, but if I am riding or racing tight woodsy trails, I ride the YZ. It has better accel. out of corners and handles the tight turns a little better, plus it's lighter to throw around, I think you'll be happy, they say the susp. is even better. I have Race-tech on both bikes, and can't imagine it being any better...Have fun with your new bike!!!