Sign in to follow this  

open practice on my '05

For those of you out there waiting for your bike to come in I thought I'd give my two cents worth on the new ride. First of all I ride the +30B class and my bike last year was a modified 04 CR450 (pipe/silencer, 20mm clamps, suspension mods, etc etc..) First of all, the thing is a complete rocket!! It feels faster than a 04 with a carbon pro setup and is super snappy off the bottom with no bog or hesitiation at all. The most noticable difference is how light the bike felt (both in the air and in the corners). Handling is much improved over last year but won't corner like the 250F does (sorry to say!!!). Keep in mind I didn't set the sag or adjust any of the clickers...it might be a different story with proper setup. All in all I was very impressed and came away with the feeling that this bike is much more race oriented and agressive than last year and the harder I rode that better it worked. Hope this helps some of you on the bubble. You won't be disappointed in the least.

Thanks for the report chipj ... It's nice to hear happy owners reports. Especially when I have a down payment on one :cry:

I raced today on the new bike and wanted to say that I might have been a little premature on my comments about the bikes cornering ability...on a prepped track with the sag set at 100 and the fork tubes slid up 5mm the bike cornered very, very well. I was able to hit any line I wanted with minimal effort. In fact it felt very 250 two stroke like, just lean it over and power through...I do think that I will go to a 50 tooth rear sprocket though...I think it will get me through slow corners in third gear without a lot of clutch.

chipj, that is really exciting news! Where did you race today and where are you from? I thought I saw a new '450 at Lincoln Trail Motorsports in Casey IL, today!? Was it you? :cry: