Sign in to follow this  

Starting in gear

hellz ya it sucks cant kick it in gear.. gotta get it in neutral... i dunno i think i am going to adjust my cluch a lil to see if i can.. let ya know though

mine starts in gear.... must be patient tho and do the proper procedure and it will start first or second kick

gotta relax!

I always put it in neutral before starting it, the f'in thing never starts after a crash or stall any way and having it in gear makes it twice as hard! If you adjust the clutch so you can start it in gear you will burn it out in no time, I think you are going to have to put up with it, unless there is a magic fix.

mine starts in gear just fine now. i put the jd jet kit in it and noticed the other day that it started in gear, so i continued to try to start it in gear and it does!

When I first got it I had problems starting it in gear but if you use the right technique, it will start in gear no problem. It really took me a while to figure out the technique but on my bike, I kick it and blip the throttle AT THE END of the kick. If I give it any gas during the kick, it won't start, even in neutral. Now I can start it pretty much first kick everytime whether in gear or not.

It was a bit frustrating until I figured it out.

:cry: Thanks alot everyone! I have a question for TheWeez. Does it still start first or second kick in gear after its been dumped?

When the bike gets dumped, there's fuel going everywhere. I know that seems like a lame excuse but after several dumps, I firmly believe you just have to kick the fuel out before it will start. Yes, I still have problems after a dump, but normally about 4 - 5 kicks and it's good to go.

Hope that helps.

Dumped mine 3 times in an hour the other day (gotta love it) and started it in gear each time. I just pull the clutch with my middle two fingers, hot start with index finger and it fires right up after 2 - 3 kicks.