Sign in to follow this  

Valves??

I have about 400 miles on this motor so I decided to give it the once over and when I was checking the valves 2 were tight just below limit and it looked like my cam lobes on the ex side wasn't quite at 108 deg instead of 10 o clock it was more like 9:30 ?? The arrows line up to the head so I'm confused and worried. They are yosh cams. 4 oilchanges the last 2 red line syn.

108 degrees isnt relative to looking at the lobes.its a lobe center line in realtion to crankshaft position.

the cam timing is fine.

what was the actual intake valve clearance?

Valve job or only new valves? Would the heavy duty valve springs help?

Probably just new valves. If it turns out that you do have a valve wear or valve seat recession issue then heavy duty valve springs will only make it worse. You only need those if you are raising the rev limit :cry:

I have the yosh stage 1 :cry: 11,000 cdi and cams with Ti valve retainers. I haven't been using the rev limiter until I do the first valve check (yea I know scared )....didn't want to float anything, So I was going to do the springs soon, and 440. :cry: I just want to keep an eye on things I ride her rough