Sign in to follow this  

Anyone switch springs without a revalve? How did it work?

Just wondering if anyone has gone with heavier springs or lighter springs with the stock suspension valving. Second question is ...how do you think it worked.

Thanks in advance for your response.

I beleive that it is necessary to get the proper springs for your weight and riding conditions and try them out before considering re-valving.

Chris

I changed mine out but had the re-valved shortly after, my 450 exc didn't seen to have alot of rebound damping and the stiffer springs compounded the prob. my suspension is at Enduro engineering in Lansing right now, supposed to be done today. :cry:

I went with heavier springs in the front and rear with no revalve. IMHO, suspension is pretty good these days, and if you have the appropriate springs, fiddle with the fork oil (height/weight), and tinker with the adjusters and sag, you can have good suspension for little $.

I got the heavier springs and no revalve. still trying to work the bugs out of it.

That would be nice to have a spare set of suspension laying around. Each set up for their specific purpose if you use the bike for different types of riding like moto/woods. :cry: Pricey though....

I've done front and rear springs only, no valving. It (stiffer springs) is a neccessity for anyone over the "typical" weight the bike is set up for. From there, you can work with the clickers and you may or may not need valving. I probably could use to have it revavled, but it's fine the way it is.

Boils down to how much you want to spend. If you're tight on money, try just springs and see. If money's not an object, go for it.