Sign in to follow this  

Utah riders- How about Hobble Creek Oct. 2 and/or 3?

I really want to ride every weekend until the snow flies, so I'd like to get something going early for next weekend. I'm thinking that going back up to hobble creek or diamond fork one or two more times this year would be nice. Who's in? You know you're gonna regret it if you don't go, because that's one of the best playgrounds in the state! I know of a couple of new trails too. :cry: We could meet at the gas station just southwest of the off ramp for the second springville exit at 8:00 am.

:cry:

I would be in, but will be riding Moab for the first time that weekend :cry:. Hobble is definately one of my favorite places to ride . Tons of awesome trails.

Just a word of caution if you park by Kirkmans Trailhead.

A couple weeks ago we were up there and upon returning

from from our ride I found that some &%$#@! had taken a pry bar to my truck box and proceeded to help himself with all of my tools :cry: :cry: and jack up my box in the process :cry:. I waited at the only pawn shop in town the next morning to see if anybody would show up with my stuff but no one did . It was worth a shot.So just be aware.It happened in the middle of the week with not many people up there.I am sure on the weekend with more traffic it is less likely to happen but you never know.

Hey, have fun in Moab. I wish I could go! :cry:

WE're gonna miss ya Chris. :cry:

Hey me and two or three other guys might be able to make it, are you still planning on it? and just to be sure of the exit are talking about where the new Wal-mart is?

Yup! I'd still like to go if it isn't too muddy! If it is, then maybe we'll do stansburry instead. I don't know where the walmart is. How about we just meet somewhere in salt lake since you're in centerville and will be coming through anyway? There is a 7-11 just west of I-15 on bangerter highway. Should we just meet there at 7:30? That way no one could get lost. I'll be in a black pos vw jetta pulling a 4x8 trailer w/ my bike on it. :cry:

Sorry Chris, I'm out for the month of October :cry:. This is my tradeshow season for work. I'll be in New Orleans, New York, and Orlando. Come November if the weather holds, I'll be riding Cherry Creek.

I'm showing good weather ahead for springville (84663 zip), so everything looks good so far. The only problem might come from the big hill out of kirkman hollow. If that's muddy and unridable, then we'll just head up the dirt road about 3 minutes and catch the packard trail. Make sure you have enough fuel for about 70 miles just in case we go that far! :cry::cry:

Yamaharichey- What time do you need to be done by? Is it ok if we meet at 8:00 at the 7-11? That will work out better for Phil since he lives an hour away, and I'll get little more sleep too.

So if everyone's ok with that time, we'll meet at the 7-11 at 8:00 saturday morning and we should be on the trail by 9:00 or so. :cry:

8:00 would be better for us too, So we'll see you at the 7-11 just west of the freeway off the Bangeter highway exit. Right?

Yup! That's the one. It's about 13600 south (bangerter) and 100 west (just west of I-15). We'll see you there at 08:00. :cry: :cry:

untitled288.jpg

Yes it was, we timed it perfecly. Thanks again for showing us around the area, we definately want to do it again. You guys that couldn't make it missed a beautiful ride, the leaves on the maples and quakies were at their brightest.

Normally I would have felt bad about missing that ride (I love it there) but I was playing on the slickrock in the Moab... :cry::cry: