Sign in to follow this  

What is a brake/light check DMV wants?

Hey All,

Well, I am finally almost done with the DMV with the exception of a brake/light check I think they call it. I had the Quick kit installed by Baja Designs, but never got any of the paperwork. The DMV gave me a statement of facts that needs to be filled out, is this the Brake/light check?

Where does Baja designs sign on this form, if in fact this is the correct form.

Thanks in advance,

Rick :cry:

Any DMV licenced motorcycle dealer or CHP officer can sign off your lights "SOF" sheet.

Official brake and light adjustment certificates. When an official brake and light station that inspects specific vehicles such as motorcycles and large commercial vehicles is not located within a reasonable distance, DMV will accept a Statement of facts (reg 256) from a repair shop attesting that the brakes and lights are in proper working order. Brake and light certificates are not required for trailers weighing under 3,000 pounds gross vehicle weight.

call baja designs and let them know what you are doing. they have the forms there and can fill them out for you. I don't know if you will have to take the bike in do to the fact they installed the parts.

If you live close by it won't be that big of a deal. It only took the dealer 15 min. To do my inspection and that included fillling out the paperwork.

the dmv form they gave you is a miscellaneous statement of fact. the dealer or whomever you have do the inspection is supposed to fill in the form (section J). sign and stamp it with the dealer stamp.