Oil filter part number discrepancies??? What does the '05 manual say?

I was looking a Rocky Mountain's online catalog, and noticed they have different oil filters and prices for the '04 vs. the '02-'03!? The '04 filter was $1 more? Why? I thought they all used the same one!? I have several HiFlo HF115 (same as K&N-115) filters on hand, and I'm beginning to wonder if these will be right for my '05. Anyone with an '05 already looked in the manual to see if the filter part numbers have changed?

?

Great! I take it you got your '05. I checked a cross reference chart and it looks like the K&N-115 (HiFlo-115) is the same as Honda's 15412-MEB-671 filter. I'll bet your manual has a different Honda part # listed. But, not necessarily meaning that these won't work alright. Hmmm....

Service Honda:

5 15412-MEB-671 FILTER, ENGINE OIL 02

5 15412-MEN-671 FILTER, ENGINE OIL 03-04

Wow, I didn't know they changed in 03. Anyone know what the difference is? I kept my SS filter from my 02 to put into my 05 but now I'm not sure that it fits! I'll be comparing them after Sunday's ride. ?

Yeah, thanks guys. That would explain the difference in the numbers. But, someone still hasn't looked in their '05 manual to see which part # it calls for. Could somebody please check? And, I still wonder why at Rocky Mountain, the '04 filter costs $1 more than the '02-'03 one?

Sorry, the '05 Manual does not have part numbers for the oil filter in it (or any other part, for that matter). My guess is that it would be impossible or not feasable for Uncle Honda to keep the proper revision on all manuals! ?

True, I looked all through my manual and could not find any part numbers. I guess I will take one for the team and pull out the 05 filter and see if the 115's will work. Stay tuned ?