Sign in to follow this  

WB Carbon Pro - Quiet Insert Available?

I have the aluminum version on my TRX450R. [Guys I just have the quad because of where I live. It is for the dunes only.] Made a huge difference. However, I got a ticket last Sunday for excessive noise. The guy was very cool about it and gave me a $15 "fix-it" ticket. The WB pipe tested at 98 db. My buddy was there with his CRF with stock pipe. It tested at 97 db. The limit in the dunes set by the US Forest Service is 93 db.

I could put the entire stock pipe back on and just barely meet 93 db according to the ranger. I would rather try to find a quiet insert for the WB pipe and get down to 95 db or so which they would let slide. I am waiting for a response to email sent to ProMotoBillet to see if any of the ones he makes will fit.

Has anyone tried anything like this and had success?

Well the PMB silent insert for the WRs is 1.7" diameter. The inside diameter for the WB pipe is 1-15/16 inches. I'm not sure yet what size the "large diameter" PMB insert is. The WR one would work if I used something (like section of radiator hose???) to take up the 1/8" space that would be around it. Also Cobra has many variations of their spark arrestors that look like a good match if the diameter is correct.

I just need to knock a few db off periodically.

very interesting! :cry: let us know if any of those mods work for you on the WB pipe! :cry:

Has anyone tried the WB e2 spark arrestor in a WB carbon pro ive never actually held them together but it looks like it might fit

These people are misinformed there is a quiet/spark insert avalible contact WB, I have one for the desert