Sign in to follow this  

Same boring question. . .

I have asked the question before but can't seem to get an answer:

Before I start the bike it is difficult to push even if the clutch is pulled in. In neutral by gearshift, the bike moves fine. It's like when in gear there is friction even when depressing the clutch-this does not seem normal and if the clutch was disengaging properly the bike shoud roll like she was in neutral. I am concerned becase the bike is new. Otherwise she rides nice (I geuss-I have nithing to compare with) and when warmed up the "proplem" goes away. Should I bring the bike in for some ? warranty action or just relax?

Thanks!!

I would say Relax . Mine doing the same. As you say when its getting worm the problem goes away. Thats because the transmision uses the engine oil to lube itself now when that oil getting worm its sirculates better and your bike will freely move with the cluch engaged while in gear.

:cry:

My KLX was NOS and it took me 5 tries to get it moving from the dealer. Everytime I put it in gear it would stall :cry: the sales man and the tech came to the window of the shop and I was lookin like a newb.

The clutch is not like a car. Most cars have a single disc dry clutch. When disengaged, there is an air gap between the friction surfaces so disengagement is complete. DRZ's and most motorcycles have multiple plate disc pack oil bath clutches. There are 7 to 10 friction plates in most M/C clutches with friction material on both sides interlaced with smooth metal plates. The pressure plate moves maybe 2 to 3mm when released so there is not much clearance between each plate. There is an oil film on all of the surfaces. When cold, the cold oil causes drag between the plates. When warm, the oil is thinner and gets thrown out of the clutch so disengagement is more complete. I have never had much need to push a motorcycle around cold in gear. Just put it in neutral.