Sign in to follow this  

Classic DeCoster cover shot

I took this in 1975 as a free lance photographer at a Trans AMA race outside St. Louis. This ended up being used as the cover photo for a midwestern racing newspaper and lead to a side job for me for the next few years. Gee, I sure miss those all access press passes. The recent digitizing of the negatives from that day brings back a ton of memories and some interesting trivia in other posts. I had to share this one again. :cry:

CFNCoverShot.jpg

And you wondered why Thumper Talk was running so slow! :cry:

Ya know, I thought about that, but were posting jpegs with very small file sizes. I'm sure it doesn't help, but again, these are pretty small files. I also thought by now someone would have told us to stay in the pics and vid forum, but a lot less people go there. :cry:

Awesome pic, man. I'm sure glad all you guys are showing us all these "old" photos of DeCoster, Hannah and others. It's like my mind is On Any Sunday all the time! Gee, guess my age! lol.. Anyway, looking at these photos of these old mx bikes and the guys that rode them, it makes me wonder how the mx racers(like Bubba, RC and the other greats) of today would do riding these heavy powerful machines of the 60's, 70's, and even 80's..

What do you all think?

I don't know how to post pics, but some where in my photo box I have a picture or Decoster when he broke the steering head off his Suzuki at the Carnegie trans am race 1974 or 5, and DAMM near tore his lower lip off. I rode a support class that day and won my class, (open amature), If I remember correctly that was they day when Jim West ridind a Maico died after a crash on the uphill start??.

To post pictures open an account at Photobucket.com and upload your pictures there (opening an account is free). Once on Photobucket just use the IMG button below and cut and paste the IMG tag from Photobucket. Now, lets see those pic's! :cry:

Sure would be great if there was a Classic Forum so all of us with the interest can go there. One of the reasons I started posting in the General Forum about Classic motocross was the number of people posting there and the fact that I wanted to present some history to the younger generation. I was surprised by the amount of response I received from the older generation. Pretty cool!