Sign in to follow this  

Bull Gap

Anyone been to Bull gap lately? I will be going there this weekend and I am wondering what the trail conditions are.

I used to go there back in the day when you could ride for days and never see a DNR guy. It was crazy back then but I hear it has changed a lot.

Will also be riding in St. Helen any info about conditions there?

thanks Mark

pretty much all the trails are pretty nice to ride at bull gap. If you park at a trailhead they usually have a box mounted on the sign next to the john that has a really good trail map (better than the dnr version).

at St Helen I like the trails to the south side of I-75. Usually well groomed, no real deep sand, just kind of hard to keep from getting lost sometimes as they are not real well marked like bull gap.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I will have to convince my partners to go south of 75 in St. Helen. they get less traffic the the ones near the scramble area I'd imagine

thanks agian

First time I went to St Helen we only rode the north side. I wasnt too impressed and had no plans to go back. Two years later we rode the south side and have been there 3 or 4 times this summer.

Cool thanks for the input I will have to get over there. I am heading out now thanks agian. if you see a guy on a P.O.S. XR600 with two 3-Wheelers with him thats me.

if you haven't left ye try the meadows loops, they are nicer than the bull gap loop same area just west of m-33, and the mcct shadow trail is great single track.

Be sure to give us an update on the conditions when you get back.....I'd be curious to know what they're like.....

I'll take a guess from our current weather, dusty,dusty dusty, with a side of extra dust.

yeah, I was out in my yard today just for a few minutes and it was dusty.....can't imagine what it would be like at Bull Gap today....

Well we got a late start saturday (got tricked into pulling a dock out of Lake St. Helen) and just played in the St. helen scramble area. That basically sucked. Dust whoops more dust and more whoops. Then to top it off my bike started running like garbage. Popping and sputtering when ever the second carb would open.

Sunday we went over to bull gap, the hill was whooped out like mad and i had to ride my wifes xr200 so i never got the top. Then we rode the trail to Mckinley the first half of that was a dusty whoopy ride but after about 1/2 way it flattened out and was just dusty. very very dusty. Stoppped at the McKinley Tavern wash off and cut the dust. Then we headed back loaded up and left. To sum up the weekend one word will do it. DUSTY!!!!!! Oh well we still had a blast and got to ride, I guess that is all that matters.