Sign in to follow this  

125L carb pilot jet

I just rejetted my carb. The 17.5 pilot jet sticks up farther than the one I took out. Right now the pilot screw is turned out 1 3/4 turns and could use a little leaning out. Is this mormal? If not, what do I do? It's a 2004 125L if that matters. I have opened up the air box, high flow air filter, and washered the exhust.

I have an '04 too, and the 15 pilot I took out and the 17.5 I put back in are exactly the same size.

This picture is from the jetting visual guide at the top. When I had them both in my hand, the only difference I could see was an extra hole in the 17.5...

Img_2320.jpg

Is there any chance you either

a) got the wrong part

or

:cry: cross-threaded it when you screwed it in?

I am sure its the right part, as both look just like the ones in your picture. I have swapped them a few times just to see the height differance, and they both screw in easy. Strange, very strange.

Just spet a while with the carb apart. The 17.5 and 20 pilot will not fit. It seems that the part of the jet that has the holes on the side are sightly bigger. When I forced the 20 in, it crushed the end. It is now shorter then the rest. Short of boring out the pilot jet circut, it won't be able to use a 17.5 pilot. I have drilled the extra two holes in the 15 and enlarged the others to match the 17.5. Will let you know how it works out. Also changed the main from 117.5 to 112.5. That should help the flooding on top end. :cry:

Spent some time riding today. Everything seems to be ok. Have the pilot screw at just under 2 turns. Idles good, picks up smooth, no hesitation, doesn't die/flood at wot, and sounds good creeping around at 1/8 - 1/4 throttle. Should start much better than stock. What a noticable differance in power.

Yes, with the one I drilled out. Even a blind squirel gets a nut once in a while. Just took quick ride, cold start with one kick :cry: Should have found this site months ago. Thanks to you all for your help :cry: