Sign in to follow this  

XR 200 Dualsport?

I live in New York and have a 86 XR200R and it just sits around cause I race most of the time but I would like to ride on the street, how hard and is it possible to dual sport the 200? and how many people have done this?

Pretty much the same as DSing an XR250 except IIRC the stator has to be rewound on the bike.

Trickdualsport can set you up with one.

EDIT: Except I remember something about NY not allowing DS conversions. Maybe someone else can clarify/correct me.

I converted my 2001 XR200 to a dual sport using the Baja Designs kit. It was easy to do the conversion, but getting it registered in New York is hit or miss. You should take your MSO down to the DMV to get a registration before you do the conversion, since your bike does not need to pass inspection to get a registration. If the MSO says for Off Road Use Only then the clerk may refuse you, at which point you can always try another DMV office.

I have some digital photos I can send to you. I have never successfully gotten photos into one of the forums, so if you send me an IM with your email I will forward them to you.

Bob