Sign in to follow this  

Palm Springs Family Riding

Going on vacation to Palm Springs starting next Friday. Are there any places to take the family for some easy riding?

not much LEGAL riding in the area thats worth much. many people ride the EDOM HILL area but the cops do write tickets when they feel like it. most of the riding in the ps area is sandy/rocky. your best bet is to head south to anza borrego area. its a little over an hour. there is also some riding near indio, off dillon road and the 10, but it is mostly sandy and rocky and not much fun.

Hey this is cool. Glad someone brought this up. I'm going to Palm Springs with the family (and in-laws) in December. What is there to do down there? I'm an anti-golf and anti-tennis person. What outdoors type stuff is there to do besides spending all day whacking a ball around and keeping score? We're flying down there so I can't bring my bike.

Am I screwed? :cry:

Jeep tours, The Living Desert, hiking, aerial tramway up to top of San Jacinto mountains......Joshua Tree National Park is pretty cool and very close......shopping, dining, drinking :cry:, festivals, children's museum, lounging by the pool,,,,,you will find plenty to do.

Overall though it is a golfer's paradise.......almost 100 golf courses in the Coachella Valley....people go there because you can golf all winter long.

Go to the chamber of Commerce or visitors center and get all info. There used to be a place to rent quads and horseback riding too.

It's the north west side that they give tickets....by the shovel.......If you go up the access rode some and park you can ride all of edom hill and down to Thousand pamls without being bothered. Edom hill is North/north east of Date Palm and I-10 Freeway. There are repeater towers at the top. Very sandy. The shovel is a blast on the BRP.... XR 400 can make it in second. Leaving Palm Springs on the 111 there is a small place that rents ATV's to ride around a small area.

The Living desert is fun, arial skyway, and Joshua Tree is great place to camp at, some close hiking out of joshua tree.