Sign in to follow this  

EBay seller that cheats , what to do ?

Well , Im not expert on this , but I caught a guy that allready cancelled his listing half a minute before it ends because the highes bid was low (so i guess) and he didn't have reserve price.

from his history i saw he sells the item around 90-100GBP

but the highest bid now was 25GBP.

so , is he allowed of doing it (He DIDN'T mention in his auction that he may cancel...)

what do you recommand me to do ?

i had something similar happen to me, i wanted to buy a mobile phone i put in a bid and was the only bidder on the phone. The seller then pulled it from the auction saying he meant it to be just a "but it now" listing so i thought ok genuine mistake, i thought his price was too high for the buy it now so never bothered, a week later i see he had still not sold it and the phone was back on as an auction sale. I sent ebay an e mail and they said it wasn't a nice way of doing things but he had not broken any rules so basically nothing could be done :cry:

Ebay is the best thing since the wheel!! Its just that some people who are a$$holes use ebay!!

Nothing you can do about that but beware alophind

I have bought at least 50 things from ebay and never had a problem one! I had a few late shippers and thought I was going to have my turn but it never happened. Getting ripped off happens all the time in all sorts of business transactions but you have to have faith in the feedback of the seller! What those guys are doing is chicken sh*t and should not be allowed. I sell lots of Items on ebay and when i put on it's there to stay! If I lose out due to a low bid then I feel good for the guy who got the deal, cause i like a good deal once in a while too! :cry:

That's why us skeptical elderly folk won't touch EBAY with a ten foot pole

i wish more people would think that.i have gotten some smokin deals on ebay!

The wife and I have managed to buy and sell over 420 times with positive feedback the whole way!!! Only had 1 bad experiance, but it was resolved!! :cry:

The wife and I have managed to buy and sell over 420 times with positive feedback the whole way!!! Only had 1 bad experiance, but it was resolved!! :cry:

My eBay experience has been great too. I bought a bike 700 miles away and I planned on riding it back here. When the bike developed a leak, the seller, recognizing I couldn't ride it, offered to either deliver it on a truck or refund my money & travel expenses. I took the money and ended up with the DRZ. The bike was a KLX.

As far as the OP, I agree that it's unethical, but I doubt you can do much about it. If you want revenge, then bid one of his things to the sky, reneg, but then you risk getting a a bad feedback. I'd say that there are some folks in this world who are dishonest and you just gotta accept it.

Will do nothing , there is no place for games here ,

I've sent him an email about what he does , will see how it develops....

My eBay experience has been great too. I bought a bike 700 miles away and I planned on riding it back here. When the bike developed a leak, the seller, recognizing I couldn't ride it, offered to either deliver it on a truck or refund my money & travel expenses. I took the money and ended up with the DRZ. The bike was a KLX.

As far as the OP, I agree that it's unethical, but I doubt you can do much about it. If you want revenge, then bid one of his things to the sky, reneg, but then you risk getting a a bad feedback. I'd say that there are some folks in this world who are dishonest and you just gotta accept it.