highlands anybody?

Highlands is a great track, both the nite track and day track, Go there very now and then when I get a chance,, other tracks to look into is 3 palms off of I-45 in conroe,, skeeter in alvin, Splendora (San Jacinto track) in splendora.. Well, here's a good website to find out tracks and when they are open in the houston beaumont area, well, actually all of texas.. Houston Motocross

Highlands is a great track, both the nite track and day track, Go there very now and then when I get a chance,, other tracks to look into is 3 palms off of I-45 in conroe,, skeeter in alvin, Splendora (San Jacinto track) in splendora.. Well, here's a good website to find out tracks and when they are open in the houston beaumont area, well, actually all of texas.. Houston Motocross

We're not crazy about Splendora....no separate pee-wee track. I know people who live very near there and there seem to be too many deaths/injuries for my tastes. We've been to 3 Palms...LOVED IT! It's not very close, but we hope to make it back. We went by Skeeter's yesterday (Sunday). They don't have a pee-wee track either, but they seem to run 'practices' for different sized bikes often. We may have to check it out. The boys really love Clutch City MX in Humble. I like it too....we can all ride trails together. We particularly like riding free near Splendora. Right under the bridge at the Creekwood exit on 59N. Not much of a track...one little jump and some sand, but the trails are awesome! ?

btw, yamgirl....it's ma'am. ? I'm responsible for the love of my life (xrDan) and his son, Max and my son, Dean. I'm a very protective hen. ?

Its ashame about Clutch City, they are officially closed and never reopening from what I have heard. Great facility gone..

WHAT!!!!!!!? ?

When did that happen?

Just checked the website, doesn't say anything about closing!

Where did you get this info?

They still have AMA series races scheduled for Oct & Nov, and an AMA Championship banquet in Dec. ?

Go to Houston Motocross and you'll see.. You'r right, the website doesn't say anything but I do think they have not touched the website since then...

Clutch City Cycle Park is closing indefinately. Due to inherent yet impending pressures and legal issues from the city light company, local property owners, track drainage issues, and other insurmountable obstacles, the current track owners have officially announced the closing of the track. The Houston Motocross Championship Series' remaining rounds will be held at Skeeter Motorsports Complex. The STC Night Series races that were scheduled at Clutch will also be moved to

Skeeter MC.

Ya, tell me about it,, Michael Clement, who is a vet racer took over it,, was steadily doing more and more to it,, steadily bringing in more dirt to better the el lago track, and the night track,, and then outa the blue I read where they closed down due to the previous message.. What's ashame is I have also read where we have lost Mosier Valley MX up in dalls-ftworth area. That have closed permately.. Sold out to the city I believe it was, so now it will become a dump. ? I also think paradise mx, i think is the name close to austin has closed down.. Ashame seeing these places close down..

Go to Houston Motocross and you'll see.. You'r right, the website doesn't say anything but I do think they have not touched the website since then...

Clutch City Cycle Park is closing indefinately. Due to inherent yet impending pressures and legal issues from the city light company, local property owners, track drainage issues, and other insurmountable obstacles, the current track owners have officially announced the closing of the track. The Houston Motocross Championship Series' remaining rounds will be held at Skeeter Motorsports Complex. The STC Night Series races that were scheduled at Clutch will also be moved to

Skeeter MC.

What a pisser! ?

Sorry about the 'bunk' comment. No disrespect intended, I just know how the rumor mill can get sometimes. ?

I met the new owner last time we were out there. He was a character. He was doing the place proud. The El Lago track was coming along nicely (tough though - a real workout)

What a drag! ?

No disrespect taken Dan, I can see your view when you go to there site and nothing has been said about it closing down.. Its just ashame seeing these places go like this.. In retrospect, looks like Rio Bravo has opened back up in fact, they have redone the track. Need to go check that out. They have the pro am vintage races and modern bikes this weekend I believe..

Derek

01 YZ426F

Sorry Dan, haven't been out there yet since they have finished the track.. Was going to one day but I checked with em, and they were still working on it.. Heard that a cpl of ppl drove out there to take a look and said that it was looking real good, with no big jumps really,, and some straights if I remember correctly.. I may try and go out there sometime next week when I get off from work...

Derek

01 YZ426F