Sign in to follow this  

Bob Hannah was a complete tool--

RacerX has had an excellent 2 part interview with the Hurricane. They say the 1st part is posted on line and I was gonna hook a link, but I couldnt' find it on there site. The second part he talked about the '87 MXDN and what a pressure cook it was and what dicks Ward and Johnson were (he still hasn't talk to them since.) October & November issue's, higly recomended to any Hannah Fan. :cry:

The second part he talked about the '87 MXDN and what a pressure cook it was and what dicks Ward and Johnson were (he still hasn't talk to them since.)

I dont remember that. I always thought highly of the two. :cry: That would be a good read. :cry:

The second part he talked about the '87 MXDN and what a pressure cook it was and what dicks Ward and Johnson were (he still hasn't talk to them since.)

I dont remember that. I always thought highly of the two. :cry: That would be a good read. :cry:

Yeah, I know. That's what I thought, I couldn't hardly believe what I was reading. Great interview, as usual, Bob ain't hold'n-noth'n back.

:lol::cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't know about a tool but maybe more like a machine, a manic unstopable machine!!. He was a very skilled rider but would push it to the limit and would hang on to an out of control bike with only one goal winning!!, (which he did alot of). even late in his career I forget which year it was but it was at Unadilla at a M.D.N. event and Hannah chose to ride a 125, it was a mudfest and Hannah,s preformance got the USA the title!!. By todays standards he was a used up old racer and many thought he shoud'nt have been on the team??. He was on the downside of his career but!!, he showed everyone what he was made of that day!!. :cry:

at Unadilla at a M.D.N. event and Hannah chose to ride a 125,

:cry:

No disrespect intended Mr. Sonorawfo but nothing could be further from the truth. You need to read the RacerX interview, especially part 2 as it speaks of this in particular. Bob had no choice but to ride the 125.

:cry:

Hannah is the greatest. I especially enjoy that he calls Pastrana "worthless." Not that I don't like poor Travis, but I much prefer racing to freestyle and Bob says what he thinks, which is all too rare these days.

After reading part 1 of his RacerX interview it becomes pretty obvious where he got a lot of his drive from. It's a good thing he took a chance and bought that Husqvarna.

From the October 2004 RacerX interview:

"Eventually, I had enough money to buy a new Husqvarna. That was a huge turning point for me. I got a call from a dealership one afternoon and the guy said, "Look, we have one Husqvarna in. It's a thousand bucks. Do you want it?" I asked if I could call the guy back. I had exactly $1,025.00 in the bank. I found a phone booth and sat on it for 10 minutes, agonizing over what to do. I knew I was going to spend every single dollar I had to buy it. Finally, I called the guy back and said, "Okay, i'll take it. I'll hitchhike up there and pick it up." I rode the thing home. :cry:

RacerX has had an excellent 2 part interview with the Hurricane. They say the 1st part is posted on line and I was gonna hook a link, but I couldnt' find it on there site. The second part he talked about the '87 MXDN and what a pressure cook it was and what dicks Ward and Johnson were (he still hasn't talk to them since.) October & November issue's, higly recomended to any Hannah Fan. :cry:

yup, the interviews are sick. i just got the november issue in the mail and the second interview is a GREAT read for any motocross fan, even if you don't know about the history of mx or bob hannah.